200 Ruskie tanks left unguarded in forest.

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by vvaannmmaann, Feb 28, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. You know how it is when you are in a hurry - can never find your keys, your hat, your 200 tanks...

2. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

Interesting clicky in the margin about a spy.

3. Imagine what the NM&D report on that little lot would look like.

4. Well me thinks the Russian QM will be for the high jump LSI team would have a field day with that reds across the board.

5. I bet in the cold war days 'BRIXMIS' would have had a field day with a find like that!!!

When 'Ivan' returned back to them, they would have found a few bits missing.

6. Looks like the crews got to EndEx, drank one too many vodka's and just got the train home.

7. I thought it looked familiar:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Reminds me how the docks at Emden looked after everyone got back from Ex SAVEYOURCAREER! :x

9. Russia captured a lot of kit from Georgia. I wonder if these are just war-trophies that they've realised they have no use for?

10. When the Ivans pulled out of the former GDR in the early Nineties, they left behind thousands of vehicles, which were just sitting on the barrack vehicle parks. Tanks ranging from T-64s to T-80s, BTR-70s and 80s and absolutely shiteloads of UAZ-469s. There were even a few antique GAZ-69s to be had. I know that an awful lot of them were "appropriated" by dealers and collectors, but I've no idea what actually happened to the MBTs. They were probably chopped up for scrap.

MsG

11. I like this quote - " The only items that seemed to be missing were live rounds and the keys to the tanks' ignitions." Live rounds and the keys, well that's ok then...................!!!

12. Leaving kit lying around's not that new... Back in summer '90 a bunch of us were on a long weekend road trip round former East Germany. Middle of Sunday afternoon we parked in one town and took a walk - barracks gates wide open so we wandered in.

It was a bit surreal walking through the tank park with T-72 and APCs all around us and nobody taking the blind bit of notice. Only months before we'd been having it drilled into us that if you see one of these within 2000m it was time to kiss your a**e goodbye and now we were having our photos taken sitting on top of them!

13. We've all finished an exercise and wanted to get off instead of dicking round closing down the works ticket