200 Bombdocs off to the Stan,says Cyclops.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by spike7451, Aug 30, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

2. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Apart from that, I reiterate the point I always make - the problems of shortage of equipment, manpower, helicopters, etc, etc, are solely and simply down to one man - Gordon Brown - due to his activities as Chancellor for so many years, and later PM. He is personally responsible for the current situation, no-one else.

I find it extrenely hard to restrain my contempt for this creature.
  3. Chav conscripts?
  4. meridian

meridian LE Good Egg (charities)

I am assuming this will be the much vaunted Project Talismann then
  5. post edited due to OPSEC issues
  6. I think you have made the mistake of thinking gordon brown actually cares if these additional guys get deployed. All he wants is a good soundbite, because he knows by the time it is obvious that they are not going to appear, the press will have forgotten, of the situation will be so muddied that no-one can tell.

Anyone remember blair saying that commanders in AFG will get everyting they ask for? that didn't happen and brown knows full well that his latest promises won't happpen. (although if it does become an issue in the media, the government will simply order the re-classification of certain groups (AT?) to include them in his promise, and use opsec to prevent any verification.)
  7. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Well,they'll probably rope the RAF & Navy EOD teams into this too,cant be more than *** in the RAF although only SNCO's & Officers do Man1 duties. (or did when I was in)
    However considering that the main duties of RAF EOD was disposal of enemy air dropped munitions & terrorist IED's was the secondary post,I can see a lot more fatalities if this does happen.
    (I did my RAF EOD course in 1998 so thing's moved on a bit since then tho)
  8. Are these 200 EOD bods, actaully going to be true extra? Or is the cunt doing another of his double counting :roll:

As OldSnowy rightfully asked:

9. I'm a bit wary of talking numbers when it comes to EOD personnel, as it skirts quite closely to the line of "Capability"...
  10. That's a fair point, I was just wondering if these are truly extra, knowing what a devious, lieing one-eyed wichser he really is!
  11. Without going into capability and OPSEC issues Cyclop's 200 figure is only a half statement in any event. Are we sending 200 in one go? Will they be rotated? Is it a total over x years or what? 200 bodies on the ground of any description might imply 5 times that number in toto at least. Again without going into OPSEC most people who served somewhere know how long it takes to train guys for this type of work and broadly speaking have an idea of our current numbers. This is vintage Brown. It is a smoke and mirrors job with no substance. And due to OPSEC there will never be any accountability on delivery or the lack thereof.
  12. Maybe Brown wants to rope a few ESO's (im one of them) to put a bit of PE on top of suspected IED and bang, job done! :wink:
  13. Presumably, anyone who's A Qual will be counted as "qualified to dispose of munitions".

I can just see Platoon Commanders and Sergeants having to lug a dems box about with them as well as everything else.
  14. I have just had a horrible vision of where those bods are coming from.
  15. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Thing is,where are we going to get all the kit needed to equip these extra bombdocs?Especially all the ECM kit....