20 Years today since the Law was changed - Gays in the Armed Forces

They got compo for it. in about 1992 or 93
It was 93. Our next door neighbour at the time (in Glasgow), received a considerable amount of compo that year, which she never tired of telling my missus. Smug and annoying in equal measures!

It was 93. Our next door neighbour at the time (in Glasgow), received a considerable amount of compo that year, which she never tired of telling my missus. Smug and annoying in equal measures!
I don't know if any of them who had an abortion claimed (or could claim).

I don't know if any of them who had an abortion claimed (or could claim).
Not sure. The lass I’m talking about was in the Army, but had to leave when she fell pregnant. As data as I can remember, her payout was for lost earnings, based on a career forecast provided by APC.

Seadog

ADC
Some organisations do try a bit too hard.
One Professional Engineering Institution published an article* about a ‘hero’ engineer who was the LGBT champion ( or some such ) for a large company who fly a ‘Pride’ flag.

It turns out that among his fellow engineers, hardly a flip is given and the ‘hero’, in respect of his homosexuality had only ever experienced ‘jolly good’ ‘meh’ or a single promptly cleared up misunderstanding. A non issue.

* The house magazine article doesn’t reflect the opinion of the PEI.

No shit? I know that, my point was that wtf does this have to do with being gay and why do people think it appropriate to do this in the cold light of day.

It's almost as if they want us all to think that all gay people are raving pervs.

Once upon a time I used to work in broadcasting, so I met and was friends with quite a few 'light on their loafers'/'comfortable shoes' types. A minority were a bit overly flamboyant, but most were unremarkable apart from the fact that they liked people with the same genitals.

So, yeah, I'm a bit baffled as to why 'Pride' marches seem to portray 'gay' as equating to wearing arseless-chaps or dressing like something from Mardi Gras. One thing 'Pride' isn't, is dignified.

Once upon a time I used to work in broadcasting, so I met and was friends with quite a few 'light on their loafers'/'comfortable shoes' types. A minority were a bit overly flamboyant, but most were unremarkable apart from the fact that they liked people with the same genitals.

So, yeah, I'm a bit baffled as to why 'Pride' marches seem to portray 'gay' as equating to wearing arseless-chaps or dressing like something from Mardi Gras. One thing 'Pride' isn't, is dignified.
Hater

You start it, what's it going to involve blokes Morris Dancing to show how hetrosexual they are???
Morris on.

Folk off.

Many years ago I had to spend a couple of nights in a B&B in Partick and one of the other guests there was quite effeminate. We got into conversation and he revealed that he was an actor of some sort so I asked him why so many performers seemed to be mincers. He responded that many of them are not but need to appear that way in order to get on in the acting profession.

That sort of reminds me of Melvyn Hayes who had that persona and was thought to be gay but wasn't.

The question really nowadays is when will straights be equal with gays? Àt the moment there is no equality. Until there is real equality these topics will continue to be raised.
Hard line gay rights activists don't want equal rights. They want more rights.
Regarding gay soldiers who were booted, pre 1999. When I joined in the mid eighties I was asked, at my medical, if I was gay. I said no, because I am not. So gay soldiers who joined around that time must have been asked the same question. They must also have said no, or they would not have been able to join. So, they lied at a medical. Is that not a sackable offence in any uniform service, cops etc, and even in some civilian companies?

Last edited:

Exactly. The whole event has been taken over by a fringe minority

Boris_Johnson

ADC
DirtyBAT
I suppose any political / legal struggle is always going to attract the extremists among those groups.

Fathers4justice was founded over a noble cause to address the imbalance of the courts but it wasn't long before the nutters joined in and started scaling Buck Palace.

Leaving the EU, most of those who voted to leave did so because of economic or sovereignty reasons, but it wasn't long before Alf Garnett types were waving their fingers in front of people of ethnic persuasion telling them they'll be "going home soon".

I would hazard a guess most gay people don't want their private lives turned into a circus either and would rather stay at home than be paraded through London like the very freak show they've been desperately been campaigning against all these years.

Pride, it seems, is not without its own sense of irony, eh?

I think you've got the wrong end of the stick..?

My original post was a "shoe on the other foot" scenario. I was just thinking that's what it was like for them, and proposing what it would be like for us (straight types).

I think he's from the Dianne Abbot school of shoe wearing

15-1.png

overopensights

ADC
Book Reviewer
There's nothing to stop you organising a straight pride march...
A few hundred straight people of both sexes tried it in New England, apparently the march got trashed by the local Gays. They didn't like those not entitled stealing their thunder?

windswept398

Old-Salt
Let's be real for a second, most gays, lesbians, transsexuls, feminists and 'non-binary' do not want equality, they actually want superiority.

Let's be real for a second, most gays, lesbians, transsexuls, feminists and 'non-binary' do not want equality, they actually want superiority.
No,I think most gay people just want to be left alone to go about their business and not be equal before the law etc...They have this now.

The political LGBT+ movement want, the world and everyone in it to change into whatever it is that they want. They want trumps head on a spike for some reason, special privileges, every religion to be re-written to suit them, shaved heads, purple hair and pink beards, string vests (pink), doc martins and a leather mini skirt.

They want communism, free sex changes, to stop children going through puberty, to get their kids sex changes before they are old enough to understand the ramifications, They want to sue people for not making cakes, sue people for making cakes and ruin the lives of anyone who once made an off the cuff joke or remark about bum boys.

Gay people: We have no *quarrel with you, go forth and .... well, just go forth

LGBT+ movement: Just go away and die you nasty, terrible human beings.

*you cant have a church wedding though, not if that religion cant do same sex marriage, it is their right to believe such things. You want a religious wedding?, you're going to have to start a new one that allows it.

endure

GCM
The question really nowadays is when will straights be equal with gays? Àt the moment there is no equality. Until there is real equality these topics will continue to be raised.
There is equality before the law. All the rest is just opinion.

Latest Threads