20 years later, the RAF can fire with Brimstone

An internal MoD journal said that pilots could launch Brimstone “when targets are not visible from the attacking aircraft into a designated hostile area to search for targets”.
I hope for the sake of our tankies, that the spams dont get their hands on something with that capability :D

If you rely on one supplier from another country, you will find that if you don't do just what you are told your supply of weapons gets cut off

AndyPipkin said:
Agent Smith

Well since Brimstone is based on Hellfire, I suspect they already do. And have had for some years.
Does hellfire have the ability to be launched into an area of 'suspected enemy activity' and actively hunt for an enemy target? I am unclear on this area. If so, it sends a shiver down the spine when you think that air national guard pilots are given access to those capabilities.

Iraq, Afghanistan, Iraq etc 8O

[quote="Agent_Smith
Does hellfire have the ability to be launched into an area of 'suspected enemy activity' and actively hunt for an enemy target? I am unclear on this area. If so, it sends a shiver down the spine when you think that air national guard pilots are given access to those capabilities.

Iraq, Afghanistan, Iraq etc 8O[/quote]

As opposed to the skiving ex-Texas Air Guard pilot whose finger rests on the button?

Latest Threads