20 years later, the RAF can fire with Brimstone

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by old_bloke, Jan 4, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is this true? I thought the RAF had this thing years ago. or was it just an empty container on show. They would never do that.

Why don't we buy working stuff from the Americans and just give the R&D savings as cash to those factories that will be closing anyway.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-1969164,00.html

2. I hope for the sake of our tankies, that the spams dont get their hands on something with that capability :D

3. If you rely on one supplier from another country, you will find that if you don't do just what you are told your supply of weapons gets cut off

4. Agent Smith

Well since Brimstone is based on Hellfire, I suspect they already do. And have had for some years.

5. Hence our great and wonderful leader not disobeying a single order from washington?

6. Does hellfire have the ability to be launched into an area of 'suspected enemy activity' and actively hunt for an enemy target? I am unclear on this area. If so, it sends a shiver down the spine when you think that air national guard pilots are given access to those capabilities.

Iraq, Afghanistan, Iraq etc 8O

7. [quote="Agent_Smith
    Does hellfire have the ability to be launched into an area of 'suspected enemy activity' and actively hunt for an enemy target? I am unclear on this area. If so, it sends a shiver down the spine when you think that air national guard pilots are given access to those capabilities.

Iraq, Afghanistan, Iraq etc 8O[/quote]

As opposed to the skiving ex-Texas Air Guard pilot whose finger rests on the button?