20 years ago this morning; Ahmici, Bosnia, 1993.

Discussion in 'Bosnia/Former Yugoslavia (Op GRAPPLE, Op RESOLUTE)' started by Letterwritingman, Apr 16, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I had been in Vitez for just over a week when this event occurred; we'd already saved the life of LCpl Wayne Edwards' replacement after he'd been shot through the neck following an ND in a porta-cabin. Some funny old memories and a mixture of emotions to come I think!
  2. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

Doesn't time fly? I didn't arrive there till about 10 days later. Have a steady day.
  3. Days done this side of the world mate, but thanks anyway....Op Grapple II what a tour! The next major event is the anniversary of the Vitez tanker proxy bomb (I think) although there was a whole load of shit going on!
  4. Brotherton Lad

Ah, yes. Well, have a steady night, then.

Were you attached or PWO?

Took that one, 30 Apr '93, following 1 Pl Comd, 1 Cheshire's wagon on the HO/TO. Driver handcuffed to the steering wheel?
  5. That's the one, I was attached to MST as part of Med Sqn so last month of 1 Cheshire (Ahmici) then the 1PWO tour (tanker bomb) and Gucca Gora etc. I was in the Padres wagon for the above!
  6. Brotherton Lad

I was the OC, on the overnight stag till evacuation the next day, at GG.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I was on the patrol sent to investigate the reported atrocities, was top cover can't recall the call sign and I was also the patrol medic, remember crossing the crumbling stone bridge and our celebrity 'ride along'?
  8. Brotherton Lad

c/s R30, the Pl Comd was Lt J Me*****. I was in a meeting with wassiface (Alagic) in Travnik and arrived a couple of hours after you, about 1530. I remember the HVO, by then in civvies, offering me my choice of women if only I'd drive them down to Novi Bila in the back of the wagon.
  9. I don't recall the Pl Comd name, but I do remember the cross country journey to go round the BiH positions in order to get to the blood place> I have pics of the 'panzers' crossing the bridges and entering GG for the first time. I ended up heading back into Vitez and then re-deploying when Lt Col A.D crashed out every armoured vehicle he could lay his hands on. I went back in 14B and we took out the statue of Mary and about 12 women and kids. You must have been the busy bees doing the digging out back then?
  10. Brotherton Lad

That's us. Thanks for your help. I took a few dozen photos. The bloke on the left was not one of mine (not my photo either, P Info). Recognise him?

or one of the Padre with Sister Stje*****, a good girl who spoke German and made my job a lot easier. Could be your wagon:

11. I think that's the wagon although as patrol medic we went out in a shed load of other wagons too, were you A Coy?
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Should be a picture, we'd already crossed in a Warrior.

Attached Files:

• IMG.jpg
      File size:
      82.3 KB
  13. Our celebrity female 'angel of death' I've not yet worked out how to reduce the size of the upload!

Attached Files:

14. Brotherton Lad

You bugger, you've got me going through my photo albums now. Here's 14B in Stupni Do in Oct, it's not the same as the one shown above at GG:

and one of wor Kate, all scrubbed up:

15. Comes to us all! one final pic from this evenings Guca Gora set almost bedtime here! I'll post pics from the 'rescue column' tomorrow. This is us having gotten in around the back way!

Attached Files:

• sc.jpg
      File size:
      76.3 KB