20 UK terror attacks being planned in Pakistan says Broon

Yeh and Iraq can deploy WMD in 45 minutes.
There may well be 20 terrorist attacks being planned by people of Pakistani origin but I would imagine they are actually being planned in Bradford or Birmingham rather than in Pakistan itself.
Wasn't the planning for the Glasgow Airport one done in Liverpool?
Oh sorry, was that racist?

jagman said:
Yeh and Iraq can deploy WMD in 45 minutes.There may well be 20 terrorist attacks being planned by people of Pakistani origin but I would imagine they are actually being planned in Bradford or Birmingham rather than in Pakistan itself.
Your first line sums up it all: the war with Pakistan is a done deal, and so dear leaders are prepping public opinion.

Domovoy said:
jagman said:
Yeh and Iraq can deploy WMD in 45 minutes.There may well be 20 terrorist attacks being planned by people of Pakistani origin but I would imagine they are actually being planned in Bradford or Birmingham rather than in Pakistan itself.
Your first line sums up it all: the war with Pakistan is a done deal, and so dear leaders are prepping public opinion.
Are you serious about a war in Pakistan?

vvaannmmaann said:
Domovoy said:
jagman said:
Are you serious about a war in Pakistan?
The question should be: is Obama serious? He's already threatend to hit AQ/Taliban targets within Pakistan if the Pakis don't act against them.

T

Tremaine

http://itn.co.uk/

13.24 Sun Dec 14 2008

"Three quarters of the most serious terrorist plots being investigated by the UK authorities are linked to Pakistan, Gordon Brown has said.

The Prime Minister said it was "time for action not words" in tackling the issue as he emerged from talks with Pakistan's president Asif Ali Zardari."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk
"There is a chain of terror that comes from the Pakistani and Afghan mountains right to across Europe and can end up very easily on the streets of Britain," said Mr Brown, standing alongside President Hamid Karzai at a Kabul press conference.

"British people are safer today because we have our troops working with the Afghan people to act against terror."

This overweight lump would know?

Who is sending this oik all over the world?

It is not his own brain. Do I detect a certain, sexually disorientated 'Peer of the Realm'?

Maybe, a twisted, well-balanced, 'chip-on-both shoulders', 'poisonous gob', Burnley supporting slime ball - who: 'doesn't 'do God?

'Ashie' - get busy protecting and supporting the unsupportable!

'Ashie' - If you read this, then: I 'out' you as a quasi Marxist/Neu Arbeit aparatchik'.

T

Tremaine

Bravo_Zulu said:
This isn't stopping us sending millions of pounds out to Pakistan for little obvious reason, though, is it? :roll:
While we're about it, local government should get a kick up the arrse too. Perhaps local authorities could put their funding and our own anti terror laws and paraphernalia to the use they were installed for, instead of filming paper boys and householders. RIPA should be limited to the security services and the police and not the army of little Hitlers that exist in councils throughout the land.

so, which our hard won freedoms are they planning to take away now?

Naturally, the common people don't want war; neither in Russia nor in England nor in America, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy or a fascist dictatorship or a Parliament or a Communist dictatorship. ...voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country
Hermann Goring

devilish said:
It was planned from a house a couple of miles away from the airport in Paisley.
Ahh fair enough.
I seem to remeber one them lived in Liverpool is all.
Matters not really, you get the point about it not being plotted in Islamabad but closer to home.

jagman said:
devilish said:
Ahh fair enough.
Matters not really, you get the point about it not being plotted in Islamabad but closer to home.
Indeed I do get your point. Home grown terrorism is a very real problem. I'm pretty sure they all worked in Liverpool together at some time in their career but they certainly plotted it from a quiet little housing estate in Paisley.

devilish said:
jagman said:
devilish said:
Ahh fair enough.
Indeed I do get your point. Home grown terrorism is a very real problem. I'm pretty sure they all worked in Liverpool together at some time in their career but they certainly plotted it from a quiet little housing estate in Paisley.
Plotted here, but IIRC correctly, the 7/7 lot were trained in Pakistan. It's only the wannabes who try to build bombs out of cans of petrol and lightbulb filiments that are 100% domestic.

they may have been trained in Pakistan but I'm pretty sure they are/were 100% British born. Richard Reid was home grown, pure luck he got caught before he blew his tootsies and a plane out of the sky.

parapauk said:
devilish said:
jagman said:
devilish said:
Ahh fair enough.
Plotted here, but IIRC correctly, the 7/7 lot were trained in Pakistan. It's only the wannabes who try to build bombs out of cans of petrol and lightbulb filiments that are 100% domestic.
All four lived in Britain.
We can chuck half a billion quid at Pakistan and mutter about 20 plots to attack Britain from there but it doesn't do a damned thing to address the real problem.
I'm sure its politically uncorrect and many would rather not talk about it but the real issue we have is people living in Britain violently opposed to the British way of life and are willing to kill to prove their point.
Its all well and good seaking to prevent attacks from people living in Pakistan but the attacks we have actually had come from people who live here not Pakistan.

I don't like Brown at all but he hits the nail on the head when referring to Pakistan.

The taliban in Helmand don't have stocks of millions upon millions of rounds, mortars & rockets they buy the majority of it in pakistan like they did when they were fighting the soviets, if NATO strikes taliban camps in pakistan it will decrease taliban attacks in afghanistan especially Helmand

Truth is the majority of all attacks on British Troops are carried out by Taliban insurgents who hide out in Pakistan, In my humble opinion if Taliban hide in pakistan & we know where they are we should attack & fcuk what pakistan thinks, if they got a problem we stop givin em so much money.

jagman said:
parapauk said:
devilish said:
jagman said:
devilish said:
Ahh fair enough.
All four lived in Britain.
We can chuck half a billion quid at Pakistan and mutter about 20 plots to attack Britain from there but it doesn't do a damned thing to address the real problem.
I'm sure its politically uncorrect and many would rather not talk about it but the real issue we have is people living in Britain violently opposed to the British way of life and are willing to kill to prove their point.
Its all well and good seaking to prevent attacks from people living in Pakistan but the attacks we have actually had come from people who live here not Pakistan.
Agreed, but the really dangerous ones arn't those who wear white gowns and who threaten to murder people over cartoons on the news, they are the quiet ones who blend in until the time is right. You also don't become a terrorist just because you fancy it - if you want to really do damage you need training. As a result, attacking the trainers at source if a more practical solution than chucking out every mal-content. The latter option will only make Mail/Sun readers feel better.

I can't help think how easy it would be for a home grown would-be terrorist to grab a gallon of petrol, a lighter, walk into a packed cinema and let loose the dogs of war.....

that doesn't take training, that takes the will to do it.

Latest Threads