20 round 5.56 Mags

I'm not sure if is the right place to ask but can you get 20 rnd 5.56 mags in the UK that fit a sa80 as I'm deploying next year and thought This was a good idea.

before i get slated its only an idea.

thecoops said:
I'm not sure if is the right place to ask but can you get 20 rnd 5.56 mags in the UK that fit a sa80 as I'm deploying next year and thought This was a good idea.

Wouldn't a mag of 30 tracer do the job? 20 round mags are available and most should fit but it doesn't follow that they will all be reliable. I suppose you can test some and see how they run.

Southern Gun Company carry a lot of AR15 stuff.

smudge67 said:
Since when did having less rounds in your mag become favourable???
when the rounds were bigger...

devilish said:
smudge67 said:

Oh no, here we go............when a rifle was a real weapon yaddayadda

Can anyone else smell stale pish? Has an old person just wheeled themself in the room??

cheers for the help but im going off the idea i think i mite fill one ofthese's with tracer !

Dont hold your breath, clear plastic shoite mags are on their way. Even after the cannucks had them and binned them beacause of too many stoppages 8O

EX_STAB said:
thecoops said:
cheers for the help but im going off the idea i think i mite fill one ofthese's with tracer !
I wouldn't bother it won't fit on the weapon. :)
Yeah but it would be good if not heavy : ) buy the way it would not for the same reason as mag couplers cocking handle/mag release

smudge67 said:
devilish said:
smudge67 said:

Can anyone else smell stale pish? Has an old person just wheeled themself in the room??
fcuk you smudge67!

Is the '67' ref the year you were born? Auld cnut.... :D

devilish said:
smudge67 said:
devilish said:
smudge67 said:

fcuk you smudge67!

Actually, no it's not :)

smudge67 said:
devilish said:
smudge67 said:
devilish said:
smudge67 said:

fcuk you smudge67!

It's his IQ :D

LOL

CC_TA said:
smudge67 said:
devilish said:
smudge67 said:
devilish said:
smudge67 said:

fcuk you smudge67!

It's his IQ :D
My IQ's not that high :)

Poacher said:
Dont hold your breath, clear plastic shoite mags are on their way. Even after the cannucks had them and binned them beacause of too many stoppages 8O
Clear plastic mags? The Canadians (and the Danes, and the Dutch etc.) used Thermold mags. These are both plastic and crap, but are black not clear.

Magpull among others make some pretty decent plastic mags, so not all non-metal mags are useless though.

Do you know where the transparent mags are actually from?

thecoops said:

Why not just fill all your mags with 4-bit?

If you need to indicate a target, just fire 4 rounds at it.

Edit: If you're feeling particularly nerdy, chuck a few extra tracers at the top and bottom of each mag. The one's at the top are for target indication. The one's at the bottom are to remind you that you've lost count.

Tartan_Terrier said:
Poacher said:
Clear plastic mags? The Canadians (and the Danes, and the Dutch etc.) used Thermold mags. These are both plastic and crap, but are black not clear.

Magpull among others make some pretty decent plastic mags, so not all non-metal mags are useless though.

Do you know where the transparent mags are actually from?
HK are producing them at the moment - 200g lighter than the current issue. (I think there might be a bit in this months Squaddie Rag.

Rantallion said:
thecoops said:

Why not just fill all your mags with 4-bit?

If you need to indicate a target, just fire 4 rounds at it.

Edit: If you're feeling particularly nerdy, chuck a few extra tracers at the top and bottom of each mag. The one's at the top are for target indication. The one's at the bottom are to remind you that you've lost count.
Lets not go into the counting rounds malarkey again :)