2 yrs for killing OAP?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Civvy_Shot, Mar 7, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/leicestershire/6423103.stm

Just another cheery tale of a scrote getting feck all of a sentence. He should have got 2 years for the assault let alone manslaughter. From another bulletin, they were pished and on a shoplifting run to Morrisons. After decking him, they stepped over him to get into the store, nicked the bevvies, and then stepped over his body on the way out as others were administering first aid.

However, what got on my pecs especially about this report (and god knows there are enough stories like these...) was the following comment from an utter feckwit:

Det Insp Andy Lee of Leicestershire Police said people thinking of tackling anti-social behaviour by themselves should assess the situation carefully.

"Each set of circumstances has to be taken on its own merits, members of the public have to assess their capabilities, the circumstances and then make a decision on each individual episode.

"He (Mr Kerr) was a big, burly character and I'm sure that he thought he was doing the right thing. Clearly, in hindsight, his family and members of the community may wish that he had done things a little differently."

Are you taking the p1ss DI Lee? Trying to blame the old chap for inconveniently getting himself fatally injured? Or just trying out a bit of sarcasm for fun?

If you said the above as quoted, then Detective Inspector Lee, you are a TWAT of the first order.

2. Wrong. He should have got five years for the assault as minimum with more for manslaughter.

3. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Perhaps in hindsight Detective Inspector Lee would think before speaking.

4. Unbloodybelievable, if it wasnt for people like this poor old guy this country would have already gone to the dogs. My condolences to his family, but im afraid we need more like him and less flaming do-gooders, sticking their tuppence worth in.

Now my dander is really up grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

5. A sad story and uncommon as he is to public speaking, the Inspector should have perhaps engaged brain first.

And the scumbucket SHOULD rot for longer than a two stretch.

6. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

"Chapman was given a public protection sentence, which will mean he will have to satisfy a parole board that he is safe to be released into the community after the two years, or remain in prison"

Anybody know where you apply to be on a Parole Board?

7. My bold in order to pose the question.... If this sort of krap is already going on all too often, isn't the point "this country has already" rather "would already"? Past tense rather than present?

As for the quote from Detective Inspector Lee. If he can't say anything constructive about the bravery of a man who tried to do what he considered his civil duty, don't say f**k all. Obviously people should consider their actions, but if everyone just stood back and let things happen, society is lost.

8. It's the judge who decides upon the sentence, he should be sacked and hopefully one day he might see the wrong end of a young chavs fists and boots, and as he lays dying perhaps wondering if he should have been so lenient after all!!

9. I stick to my previous post, i think the majority of the population are honest and trustworthy i think there are a few scumbags that know how to work the system to the max and get away literally with murder.

10. Surely the law allows for a longer sentence than this ??

11. I'm outraged but not very surprised - and that's a shame. The Judge needs to open up a very large tin of "Wise Up" and drink the lot. And if DI Lee did say as quoted then he needs to shut the fcuk up.

RIP to the old gentleman.

12. Chapman's sentence is indeterminate (life). The two years is the minimum he can expect to serve before being considered for release. When/If he is released I believe he will be on licence for the rest of his life. That's about 5 years minimum reporting to Probation Officers and he can be recalled to prison if his behaviour gives cause for concern.
    When Chapman arrives in prison and his sentence is explained ie a possibility of life inside, his cockiness will soon evaporate.
    Oh yeh. The judges are governed by certain rules for discriminatory life sentences which severely restricts the length of tariff they can give. Hence the seemingly mocking 2 years.

13. With this totally useless and corrupt lot in I'm surprised the scrotes weren't hit with an £80 Fixed Penalty Notice to keep it off the PNC

14. The scrote should get two years....

As a bayonet dummy/moving target on the lydd ranges.

15. although human rights probably against him being used as a moving target by the TA as death by starvation is considered cruel and unusual :thumbdown: