2 years post-reg to join QAs - just for officer entry?

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by z-layrex, Apr 28, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Will I be able to join as a soldier immediatley after I qualify? I'm currently a civvy stud. nurse.
  2. Do you mean a student nurse? I read the word stud several times and couldnt' place it with nurses :D :D

Officer entry is not automatic and if you want soldier entry, that is fine too.

Which part of the country are you?
  3. Haha yeah I did mean student I don't think I could pass off stud by any means. So I could join straight after qualifying? All I know is nursing in the army is all I can see myself doing.

Is there anything that could be done prior to qualifying?

I'm at Brighton Uni, great city great hospitals.

Thanks for the help!
  4. Contact the QARANC Recruting team

Phone no: 01276 412742 / 412741 / 412740

Address is:

QARANC Recruiting
    HQ AMS
    Former Army Staff College
    Slim Road
    GU15 4NP

5. but in answer to your thread title, 2 years post reg is if you wish to have a shot at officer entry.
  6. I did my UG degree at sussex and am doing my BM BS at Brighton & Sussex Medical School, I'll second that - brilliant city with great hospitals.
  7. Ok then great ta very much. Had it in my head that I needed 2 years even for soldier entry.

Thanks very much for the contacts sluice.

Yeah it's a great place to live. What does BM BS stand for?
  8. BM BS is Bachelor Medicine, Bachelor Surgery.

9. Your earlier posts says that you may be interested in serving in the TA.

I have Linked you to a search of local Field Hospital TA units and careers offices in your area.

Good luck!