2 years after Herc crash - foam still not fitted

Discussion in 'Aviation' started by MrPVRd, May 2, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Words fail me.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4963746.stm

If any donation is needed to bring a lawsuit, I am sure there are many who will open their wallets.

2. Since when has anybody listened to RAF pilots? They only fly the things.

The decision was probably made by some pen pusher with a calculator on the fifth floor of a London office.

It might help if HMG listened to the people in the know rather than ignoring them or blaming them for damaging the grass on the Mull of Kintyre.

3. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

BBC Radio 4 'Today' programme asked MoD for an interview, but they refused.

It certainly puts the money spent on all those paintings in Main Building in perspective, doesn't it?

4. It must be one of the basic requirements if posted to the 'white elephant' at MOD to evade the truth and keep your head down.

The MOD don't help themselves at times like this by just displaying a head in the sand attitude. :x

fastmedic

5. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Lets be honest is anyone really surprised!?

6. Typical of the MOD. The cnuts don't give a flying fcuk for the guys and gals at the sharp end - they never have either.

7. That's seriously absolutely disgusting what the government are doing.

8. Consulting a legal team if there's going to be proceedings.

Sympathy is an admission of guilt, apparently.

9. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

Maybe. But don't forget that the MOD is unique as a Govt Department in having "subject matter experts" - i.e. serving service people - on the staff (you don't see farmers working in DEFRA, of doctors in Health etc). These people will have been at the sharp and, and will almost certainly go back there.

10. Via hercules not equipped with foam or ecm and the travel around in second rate armoured vechicles .This war is costing billions where is it going ?

11. Mmm - I wonder if the aircraft that fly "Dear-leader" around have got any protection fitted ???

12. I would imagine shite has the same flame retardant properties as foam.

13. This is very true. But it is important to remember that the advice of those SME's/Desk Officers is not always listened to, especially when it comes down to cost. 100's of great ideas are dismissed out of hand because of penny pinching, sometimes at a very low level (SO1/SO2). Example: For an average cost of £10k per airframe we could have a very effective airbag system fitted to our current fleet of helicopters (don't mock, they work), chances of it happening...nil, why ? money.

What price a life.

14. Money Money Money, its what makes whitehall go round!

15. They already have, - it eats pies and sits in the front :D :D

(sorry Floppy - couldn't resist!!).