2 x mobility scooters to give away, any suggestions who would take them?

BaldBaBoon

War Hero
First of all, apologies as this is likely the wrong forum and will be happy for a grown up to relocate if needed.

I have just started the rather challenging task of clearing my mums house out, ready to hand back to the housing authority after we managed to get her into a cracking nursing home near to me.
Amongst the huge amount of stuff that has accumulated over the past 50 years is a few items I would like to donate to anyone who has a need for them, rather than scrapping the items as the options are looking at the moment.

2 x mobility scooters.

Lightweight type. Have been in a garden shed for the past 5 years, so the batteries would be long knackered but the actual scooters appear to be in working order. I will post some photos once I locate where I have put my bloody phone down.

I have tried to give them to the usual charities such as BLESMA, but they all insist they be in working order/COVID, which is understandable. I am a nice chap, but spending £200 on new batteries so I can then donate £1400 of scooters to a charity is a bit much.

The house is located in Fleet in Hampshire which could also effect anyone collecting.....because nuts to posting something that weighs about 50kg.

If this is of interest, please let me know before I just scrap the scooters.

I also have a nice little 70's style low cocktail cabinet and dinner table set, a chest freezer and a standing freezer going for free and other assorted items for anyone looking at equipping a house......cutlery sets, mismatched fine bone china etc.

Photos to follow once I locate the vibrating phone in amongst about 20 bin bags of recycling.

Found myself in the same position about 8 years ago, after Mum died.

The thing is, your scooters are not worth £1400. And nowhere like it.

As it is (as no organisation would give them a look), I bit the bullet for new batteries (about £150 if memory serves) and put them up on local Gumtree and Free Ads.

Both gone within 10 days for a total of £750.

First of all, apologies as this is likely the wrong forum and will be happy for a grown up to relocate if needed.

I have just started the rather challenging task of clearing my mums house out, ready to hand back to the housing authority after we managed to get her into a cracking nursing home near to me.
Amongst the huge amount of stuff that has accumulated over the past 50 years is a few items I would like to donate to anyone who has a need for them, rather than scrapping the items as the options are looking at the moment.

2 x mobility scooters.

Lightweight type. Have been in a garden shed for the past 5 years, so the batteries would be long knackered but the actual scooters appear to be in working order. I will post some photos once I locate where I have put my bloody phone down.

I have tried to give them to the usual charities such as BLESMA, but they all insist they be in working order/COVID, which is understandable. I am a nice chap, but spending £200 on new batteries so I can then donate £1400 of scooters to a charity is a bit much.

The house is located in Fleet in Hampshire which could also effect anyone collecting.....because nuts to posting something that weighs about 50kg.

If this is of interest, please let me know before I just scrap the scooters.

I also have a nice little 70's style low cocktail cabinet and dinner table set, a chest freezer and a standing freezer going for free and other assorted items for anyone looking at equipping a house......cutlery sets, mismatched fine bone china etc.

Photos to follow once I locate the vibrating phone in amongst about 20 bin bags of recycling.
If you find no one wants them, put them on the pavement with a sign saying "£500 each or near offer."
They will be stolen within the hour.

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
If you find no one wants them, put them on the pavement with a sign saying "£500 each or near offer."

chain them up and don't bother with the sign.

The RAF have just bought some electric scooters to get biggles from his pit to the coffee shop. Perhaps they might take them off your hands. Obviously the new batteries would have to go out to tender and the whole frame would need an upgrade,plus the seat would have to be swapped out for a martin baker zero,zero rated one. Ho, and it will need a drinks holder.

anglo

LE
You're right, a friend of mine had a fridge, put it out.,
free, to a good home, no takers, took back inside for a week, put it out again,
with a £10 price on it, gone next morning,

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
The RAF have just bought some electric scooters to get biggles from his pit to the coffee shop. Perhaps they might take them off your hands. Obviously the new batteries would have to go out to tender and the whole frame would need an upgrade,plus the seat would have to be swapped out for a martin baker zero,zero rated one. Ho, and it will need a butt plug holder/charging port.

Try the local RBL branch or the local Age Concern office.

Seem‘s a shame to just let them go to waste. The

Arte_et_Marte

ADC
I was living in Slough. Placed an old, but working, stereo system outside. Went back in to write out a note saying, "free to a good home," went back outside and it had gone!

Latest Threads