2 Week Pirbright

Hi,

Was wondering what/how much phys is done during the two week course at Pirbright?

Just want to hit my goals in phys before I go so I can be sure to pass.

Thanks

I assume you are talking about the phase 1 (TSC B) course?

You have to attend the course within a certain time of finishing the 6 weekends that constitute TSC A due to the risk of skill fade. And if you haven't started the 6 weekends yet you will have plenty of time to work on the phys as you wont be going to Pirbright until April/May time at the earliest.

For what it is worth there is phys nearly every day, mostly circuits and/or an endurance run or tab. The only 'test' is the AFT but that was one of the easier tabs we did. The field exercises should contain a few beastings too.

Ok. Thank you 'deliverying capability'. I'm joining the medical corps so there was some confusion in what I would be doing but I think I am on the TSC B course as I don't have a combat role as my trade (although it's not uncommon to be in the field occasionally).

I have been in the OTC but even though the training I received there was pretty thorough I didn't feel a the role as a commander was my thign and preferred doing what I am training as which is as an Operating Department Practitioner.

How long does each phys session last?

P

PrinceAlbert

How long does each phys session last?
You clearly have an issue with phys, or at least think you do. Go out and get fit. Go for 8 mile runs. Be one of the few STABs that isn't a pie eating, lazy, useless fat ****.

Out of all military skills phys is the one I worry about. I had a few medical problems when I tried to join the regs and I got in by the skin on my teeth when I joined the TA. But I will take your advice on board. Loaded tabs, runs and some stamina building.

Don't need to be up to the phys levels of a Para but even though I'm Med corps I want to be fit.

Latest Threads