• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

2 week field ex kit list?

I'm on a 2 weekend field ex. this week, anything that's useful to have?

First on the kit list....

DVD's, PSP, Mini Fridge, special movies.... but I'm sure i've forgotten something?

Cmdr 7AD last annual camp, tried to ban mobiles,
when ALL radio went ti*s up , he sheepishly asked if anyone had a charger for his phone, so he could speak to his Bn Cmdrs.

Lots of sniggering behind hands

My exercise essentials:

Smoking jacket;
hookah;
ottoman and;
manservant.

Oh, and don't forget a selection of choice bottles from the wine cellar (anything that travels well). Chuck the gunner's kit out, as his bin will make a handy wine-rack.

TM

Turret_Monster said:
My exercise essentials:

Smoking jacket;
hookah;
ottoman and;
manservant.

Oh, and don't forget a selection of choice bottles from the wine cellar (anything that travels well). Chuck the gunner's kit out, as his bin will make a handy wine-rack.

TM
And the gun racks in LR's make a handy stand for a chaps hat!

bibo_boy said:
I'm on a 2 weekend field ex. this week, anything that's useful to have?

First on the kit list....

DVD's, PSP, Mini Fridge, special movies.... but I'm sure i've forgotten something?
8O 8O You've gotta be kidding!!!!

I feel very, very old.

...and civi-kit (for day 12 after you've all been eating Menu fcking A for two weeks)

(so that you can tab from your O/P to a mainroad ......and RV with an illicit chinese takeaway/taxi combination - £40 all-in for a Four Man Patrol, from Golden ValleyChinese Take Away, Garelockhead. Clyde Naval Base

http://www.garelochhead.org.uk/golden.htm

(they chuck in a tinny too but it tastes like pish...and its a bastar.d trying to stop the sweet and sour pong giving you away)

You changed into civvies to get a take away ? Thats rather too keen should get some vechicles funny how route reccies and patrols allways pass by chippies off licensce . :lol:

I suggest as an absolute minimum:

1 x Rover 110 (or equiv) MUST be hardtop
1 x stretcher with the ends cut off so it fits in above down one side
1 x optic rack (4 optics) c/w Gin, Brandy, Whiskey and Vodkda
1 x double pack Mr Softee arrsewipe
1 x lackey to make food / drink / get newspapers etx

If you can lay your hands on an LR fitted with an inverter, you can run a deep fat fryer, TV, fridge, jacuzzi etc etc.

I once recall a snr offr on ex finding my truck with an ironing board set up and Gnr Fcuknuts ironing his combats just in case we were visited.

FluffyBunny said:
If you can lay your hands on an LR fitted with an inverter, you can run a deep fat fryer, TV, fridge, jacuzzi etc etc.

I once recall a snr offr on ex finding my truck with an ironing board set up and Gnr Fcuknuts ironing his combats just in case we were visited.
Of course..... already got one!!!! :)

There's a good chance that bibo_boy, being sigs, is on a radio relay det. 3.5 KVA AC generator to fire up 2 or 3 poxy radios.

I have visited aforementioned dets on exercise and you would truly be shocked, TVs, videos (complete with a fully stocked library), fridges, microwaves & hi-fi's are the norm. I even visited one location and there was a sky dish clamped to one of the mast pegs.

They are normally isolated detachments and if lucky (or unlucky) get a visit once or twice a week.

There used to be some quite eye-opening stories in the case of 'mixed detachments' (i.e. one of the crew from each gender) but that's for another time - and another forum!

whistler said:
There's a good chance that bibo_boy, being sigs, is on a radio relay det. 3.5 KVA AC generator to fire up 2 or 3 poxy radios.

I have visited aforementioned dets on exercise and you would truly be shocked, TVs, videos (complete with a fully stocked library), fridges, microwaves & hi-fi's are the norm. I even visited one location and there was a sky dish clamped to one of the mast pegs.

They are normally isolated detachments and if lucky (or unlucky) get a visit once or twice a week.

There used to be some quite eye-opening stories in the case of 'mixed detachments' (i.e. one of the crew from each gender) but that's for another time - and another forum!
I'm shocked by your words!!!!!!!

(You not on my det. are you? :)

Great idea about sky though!!!! I must be loosing it!!!

Latest Threads