2 USMC Charged for Urinating on Taliban Dead

Discussion in 'US' started by jumpinjarhead, Sep 24, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It's a ******* disgrace that anyone would piss on the dead bodies of enemy soldiers who fight with honour and wear a uniform, and do not hide behind women and kids. Argies, Iraqis, even the Japs and the Nazis at times are included here. This does not apply to the Taliban *****. Sew em up in pigskins, lads.

• Like Like x 1
  2. It's nothing to do with whether they wear uniforms or fight with honour. It's down to simple common sense, or lack of, we need to keep the locals on side and pissing on dead bodies will win us no friends.

• Like Like x 1
  3. JJH, what sort of penalty could they expect?

If you're stupid enough to do this and post it on the net, then you deserve what you get.

4. Having read the article , it appears the 2 staff sgts are accused of a whole raft of offences .
    By the sound of it , lost command and control of their troops and covered up their deficiencies .
    I am guessing reduction to private and dishonourable discharges ?

5. I wonder if the failure to supervise charges will stop with the NCOs. WTF were the officers doing?

6. This one act just seems to be the headline-grabber, other offences are alleged which point towards a certain lack of
    control and professionalism.

[TABLE="width: 990"]
    [TR]
    [TD][TABLE="width: 849"]
    [TR]
    [TD="bgcolor: white"][TABLE="width: 100%"]
    [TR]
    [TD][TABLE="width: 600"]
    [TR]
    [TD]Marine Corps Staff Sgts. Joseph W. Chamblin and Edward W. Deptola also were charged for other misconduct that allegedly took place during the same operation, including being derelict in their duties by failing to properly supervise junior Marines, failing to require junior Marines to wear their personal protective equipment, failing to stop and report the misconduct of junior Marines, failing to report the negligent discharge of a grenade launcher, and failing to stop the indiscriminate firing of weapons.
    Deptola also is charged with failing to stop the unnecessary damaging of Afghan compounds and wrongfully and indiscriminately firing a recovered enemy machine gun.

[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

7. Failing to poo on command, failing to ensure breathing in a uniform manner, failing to ensure that all Marines were not wearing nail polish................gosh these guys are soooooo guilty and culpable on so many levels! Of course I would respect anyone who used a machete to behead another human being, shot or stoned them to death because my beliefs meant that because two blokes could not decide who to **** her regularly she was guilty of adultery and I would bury them.

8. I remember a phrase JJH once used: 'Marines at play'.

9. I gather you are actually brain dead.

• Like Like x 2
  10. fu2

fu2 LE

i bet they are really pissed off :)

11. I only posted for the update aspect since this was the subject of an earlier thread. I seem to recall some sort of ARRSE policy/practice of not speculating etc. on criminal cases until they are final so I won't comment further other than to state under US military justice, all known charges against an accused must be brought forward in the same proceeding which is why there are such a laundry list.

12. What really is stupid is the practice of recording said pissing, ear removal or whatever post-life hijinks, for them that care to bite their pillows over.
    How many (more) times before the penny drops that whipping out the 'smart' phone for a photo-op may not be a career enhancing manoeuvre?

• Like Like x 3
  13. sirbhp

sirbhp LE Book Reviewer

i 'd piss on who ever grassed them up .