2-Star Goodness

Discussion in 'Int Corps' started by Glad_its_all_over, Dec 17, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. So I'm browsing the Daily Telegraph this morning and bugger I sideways with a rusty fishslice, but the Corps has only got itself a 2-star, full-fat, unskimmed Major General from mid-next year.

Well done JH, proof, if any were required, that degenerate behaviour in the Greenfly (among other locales) is no bar to flag rank.

• Like Like x 1
  2. If that's the JH I worked for in town, that is fantastic news - well done!!

3. Can't find it can you add a link pls

4. It's in the print edition, court and social pages. Not sure if that's in the online version.

5. To be Director Force Reintegration, Headquarters International Security Assistance Force - Afghanistan, in the rank of Major General, in succession to Major General E A Smyth-Osbourne CBE, in mid/late 2013. Brigadier J R Hockenhull OBE (Late Intelligence Corps), currently Head of Military International Policy and Planning

6. Good news then. Somebody with a degree of clout who can fight the Corps' corner in the Army 2020 turf wars....

IIRC this is our first 2 star since a previous GOC 4 Div retired a few years ago.

7. Didn't he write a book on fly-fishing?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

No

9. What gets me is you read things in the press which the MOD web site takes another week to run with despite putting out the circular in the first place ! Another fail for Mr Jolly.

10. don't you think it's a bit late for that? :wink:

11. Who knows what goes on at Theatre Troops and other such rarefied levels of existence far, far above the coal face.... ;)

12. let's just say that the vast majority of the battles and work have been fought / done already. and very successfully for the Corps.

• Like Like x 1
  13. I'm with CR on this one, from the chit-chats I've had with the Highers then it's pretty much a done deal.

14. Could there also be another waiting in the wings ?