2-Star Goodness

So I'm browsing the Daily Telegraph this morning and bugger I sideways with a rusty fishslice, but the Corps has only got itself a 2-star, full-fat, unskimmed Major General from mid-next year.

Well done JH, proof, if any were required, that degenerate behaviour in the Greenfly (among other locales) is no bar to flag rank.

It's in the print edition, court and social pages. Not sure if that's in the online version.

To be Director Force Reintegration, Headquarters International Security Assistance Force - Afghanistan, in the rank of Major General, in succession to Major General E A Smyth-Osbourne CBE, in mid/late 2013. Brigadier J R Hockenhull OBE (Late Intelligence Corps), currently Head of Military International Policy and Planning

Good news then. Somebody with a degree of clout who can fight the Corps' corner in the Army 2020 turf wars....

IIRC this is our first 2 star since a previous GOC 4 Div retired a few years ago.

What gets me is you read things in the press which the MOD web site takes another week to run with despite putting out the circular in the first place ! Another fail for Mr Jolly.

I'm with CR on this one, from the chit-chats I've had with the Highers then it's pretty much a done deal.

Could there also be another waiting in the wings ?

Well as I said recently I'm not looking for it HS but if they insist I believe it would be churlish of me to decline.

Well as I said recently I'm not looking for it HS but if they insist I believe it would be churlish of me to decline.
Reb I believe its earned on ability and respect - not time served in bars and brothels and the ability to blackmail without divulging your own perversities - otherwise I would have reached those dizzy heights long ago !