2-Star Goodness

So I'm browsing the Daily Telegraph this morning and bugger I sideways with a rusty fishslice, but the Corps has only got itself a 2-star, full-fat, unskimmed Major General from mid-next year.

Well done JH, proof, if any were required, that degenerate behaviour in the Greenfly (among other locales) is no bar to flag rank.
To be Director Force Reintegration, Headquarters International Security Assistance Force - Afghanistan, in the rank of Major General, in succession to Major General E A Smyth-Osbourne CBE, in mid/late 2013. Brigadier J R Hockenhull OBE (Late Intelligence Corps), currently Head of Military International Policy and Planning
Good news then. Somebody with a degree of clout who can fight the Corps' corner in the Army 2020 turf wars....

IIRC this is our first 2 star since a previous GOC 4 Div retired a few years ago.
What gets me is you read things in the press which the MOD web site takes another week to run with despite putting out the circular in the first place ! Another fail for Mr Jolly.