2 skins in a boat- Ardglass to Blackpool row for H4H

Discussion in 'Ireland (ie. Irish Defence Force)' started by CaptainWillard, Apr 21, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello all,

I've just heard that two old mates from my regiment are at this very moment half way across the Irish sea in a leaky old tub trying to raise money for Help for Heroes.

Unfortunately they are even further from their cash target than they are from their destination so I thought that I would give my fellow arrsers a shout on their behalf.

If anyone would like to donate, they can be found at-

http://www.2skinsinaboat.org.uk/about.html

Sorry if the link isn't live as I'm a bit crap... :oops:

CW

Quis Separabit
    Vestigia Nulla Retrorsum

2. Silly buggers. Have a tenner.

3. Much obliged WB... :D

4. Hi All First sitrep the lads are to the South West of the Isle of Man a little behind time but should make that time up once they pass the landmass. Further sitrep to follow this morning.

5. There be dragons!..

CW

Quis Separabit
    Vestigia Nulla Retrorsum

6. Latest is they are 5 miles South of the Isle of Man, they have been fighting the tide for the last 5 hours. 41 miles complete 55 to go. Now back on target.
    Sore hands and backsides.

7. I've heard that can happen when men have been at sea for a long time!... :wink:

CW

Quis Separabit
    Vestigia Nulla Retrorsum

8. Think you are talking about one of the other Services, just remember it's only skin deep.

9. Talking of which, is it advertised on 'Rum Ration'?

CW

Quis Separabit
    Vestigia Nulla Retrorsum

10. STAB23 or whatever her name is will be along in a minute to tell us all how these guys are just show-offs and unless they are trying to swim the Atlantic with their hands tied it is no achievement whatsoever.

To understand what I mean see this thread http://www.arrse.co.uk/Forums/viewtopic/t=148096.html

Anyhooo, I will be throwing things at these blokes when they hit Blackpool and 20 squiddlies on it's way, good effort

11. No not on Rum Ration could you do the honours

12. Check your PMs mate...

CW

13. No PM at present just trying to work out who you are as i will know you.

14. Jeez - he does come across as a prize wab! Thanks very much for the contribution from one Northern Soul fan to another...

CW

Quis Separabit
    Vestigia Nulla Retrorsum

15. I almost didn't donate as the boat doesn't appear to be full of cold beans and large herring gulls aren't attempting to peck their eyes out (the crew not the beans). But nevertheless it's a great effort for a good cause and so I donated anyway.