2 Sigs

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by poshjock9, Apr 24, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Afternoon all.

Being posted to York as my first posting soon. What's life like there for a Tech sprog? What have 2 sigs got planned for the year?

2. If you get there soon enough, you might be in Iraq in a few weeks - 2 Sigs are on TELIC 12 which starts in early June.

If not, you'll be stuck on rear party for six months which is seriously, seriously shite.
  3. York itself is great. You can stumble into town from the barracks when you want a few sherberts. It's got a very chilled cafe lifestyle and I enjoyed our two years there very much.

Work-wise OH didn't enjoy 2 Sigs very much at all. Very, very busy.
  4. Cheers for the info guys. Dont think Im going to make it in early June. Rear Party it is then :(
  5. Now then, it depends on which squadron you get posted to. There is a sqn deploying very soon on Telic 12. They will be replaced later this year by another squadron in 2 SR. So i guess it doesnt matter when you arrive,youll no doubt be going somewhere sunny and shi ite!!

oh by the way if you are in 2SR before May 15th you will either be putting up tents / fatigues for race the sun...or if you are a bit of a gladiator you will be doing an event of some sort.