2 Sig Bde disbanding

and 38 Sig Regt are getting the polar bear as its reggie flash ..... because 2-3 Sqns (64, 46 and 41) out of the regiment have worn the flash in the past...... :)

I think this explains why we have been marking time since ptarmigan went.
Surely you must have seen it coming there and then, and not needed an explanation?

No clear role on Ops, and no clear role in the UK either? Ta ta!

I think this explains why we have been marking time since ptarmigan went.
They've been marking time since they left Malta Bks in '88!

Surely you must have seen it coming there and then, and not needed an explanation?

Much as it must suck to be in that situation anyone who couldn't see the writing on the wall is probably not cut out for a transfer to MI. If you did though, why not consider it ? Opportunities beyound your wildest dreams await. Just leave the obsessions with badges and ******* the troops around for no reason behind.

It justified itself doing a job an RHQ or maybe even a Sqn HQ could do. It beggars belief how many people it takes to get an FFR out the door. This undermined it's role not the role of TA RSigs.

TA RSigs have proved themselves, e.g. proved they could function as Bde Sig Sqn (from a sig regt) in a hybrid reg/TA formation which I believe could function is post conflict reconstruction phase or on UK Ops. - why this was abandoned two years latter for another crappy UK Ops exercise.

As for support for regular RSigs on Ops, again this can be questioned. A perfectly simple plan to train TA RSigs to a class 3 reg standard has failed to come to fruition - I'm still in despair at BOWMAN training being held to a very basic level.

If I'm more cynical, I'd have to question why the 'TA' Sig Bde is going and the two regular ones remain. Does this mean a reduction in TA Staff officer posts and maintaining regular ones at a similar level?

i thought 38's badge was a bolt of lightening?

transfer to MI (snip) why not consider it ? Opportunities beyond your wildest dreams await.
MI can offer me a super size hot tub populated with the 50 contendors for Miss Italy?

Rai Uno - Miss Italia - Le Finaliste

Just leave the obsessions with badges and ******* the troops around for no reason behind.
Ooh, thats hard, too hard for RSignals... more chance of going UKSF(V).

Its more than likely been answered elsewhere but whats the deal on rank with transfers though... are they kept?

Transfer units will tell you whatever you want to hear TB

Salient part of the announcement for me is "The units currently in the brigade will move to be under command of the remaining two signal brigades and we are working now to determine the best mix. "

Im hoping that means what few TA units there are will survive.

Its more than likely been answered elsewhere but whats the deal on rank with transfers though... are they kept?
You would keep seniority, but depending on rank would have to pass a tech selection and the relevent trade courses and get DV if not already held. And yes, this has been answered before you idle man.
p.s. you get the code to the miss Italy stores door when you are issued with your Aston at Chicksands.

I think the most suitable place for most of 2 (NC) Sig Bde's Officers to transfer to would be the RAOB, Gala Bingo or the local Bowls Club :wink: