2 Sig Bde Crimbo quiz

Big change about to happen next year. Any guesses what it is?

Not that its happened about five times already since I joined a 2 Sig Bde regt in 2003

Perhaps the Royal Corps' STABs finest will be working as a team, pulling in the same direction, getting fitter by other means than running their mouths off and practicing their combat skills other than stabbing each other in the back!

Perhaps this could set a trend in the rest of the Royal Corps......

Merry Christmas Scalies :D

I'm no expert, but how about:

1. Everybody in the NC Regiments will suddenly realise that their primary role is to provide ICS support to a UK based mission, and no amount of platoon attacks is going to make them any better at it?

2. People in a position of authority realise that their appointment means more than just swanning around the TAC not doing a lot. Or indeed realising that authority doesn't mean that the rules don't apply to them.

3. A complete reorganisation of the trade structure in order to bring all trades in to line with the regulars, thus making it slightly easier to use TA soldiers once mobilised?

4. People will stop talking about how to make things better and actually step up to the mark and implement change, because Tuesday night chat clubs just aren't that effective.

5. The obvious one of the impact of the review of the reserves and how it will impact on the (V) element of the Corps, nah you couldn’t be talking about that, it would be too obvious. So, what’s the int?

If I'm too far off the mark, you'll have to give a clue.

2 (No Comms) Signal Brigade is plundered for Infantry reroling, leaving a mere troop in each Regional command with some airwaves, thus removing the incoherent functional command structure and inserting the final nail in the CCRF facade?

How about this one?

We all realise that the last few years were "just a Dallas style dream sequence"..........

And 2 (NC) Bde were in fact a worthwhile part of the British Army?

On second thoughts...... nahhhhh

Wingletang said:
2 (No Comms) Signal Brigade is plundered for Infantry reroling, leaving a mere troop in each Regional command with some airwaves, thus removing the incoherent functional command structure and inserting the final nail in the CCRF facade?
Wow, an entire troop just to provide the RF Bde Comd and COS with menthol fresh breath, and clear sinuses.

I'll get my coat.

bibo_boy said:
How about this one?

We all realise that the last few years were "just a Dallas style dream sequence"..........

I like the way this is going, does it meant that in the morning I'm going to find every member of FANY in my shower! I'd best have one before I get my head down tonight, the queue is going to be unbelievable.

Devils_Playmate said:
bibo_boy said:
How about this one?

I like the way this is going, does it meant that in the morning I'm going to find every member of FANY in my shower! I'd best have one before I get my head down tonight, the queue is going to be unbelievable.
Best hope you don't wake up lad, have you SEEN the ladies of the FANY?

TopBadger said:
Devils_Playmate said:
bibo_boy said:
How about this one?

Best hope you don't wake up lad, have you SEEN the ladies of the FANY?
Worse still, have you seen the fannies of the ladies of FANY :twisted:

Devils_Playmate said:
1. Everybody in the NC Regiments will suddenly realise that their primary role is to provide ICS support to a UK based mission, and no amount of platoon attacks is going to make them any better at it?

3. A complete reorganisation of the trade structure in order to bring all trades in to line with the regulars, thus making it slightly easier to use TA soldiers once mobilised?
Yeh havin a larf. What next???? IS Eng trade in mainstream TA units - next year .... erm sorry I meant CS Eng

They will be re rolled as the dad’s army for a Xmas special!

aaaaaaahhhhhh wasn’t DALLAS great wish the memories of 2NC where just as fond !

Airfix said:
Worse still, have you seen the fannies of the ladies of FANY :twisted:
Gentleman, it's never been said that my standards are that high! I'm sure that there's nothing that a small amount of pelvic grooming couldn't rectify (albeit possibly with a lice comb). :wink:

polar said:
Yeh havin a larf. What next???? IS Eng trade in mainstream TA units - next year .... erm sorry I meant CS Eng
Well that's what a little bird tells me. Anyway, you started this thread, what's your int or are you waiting till Christmas day?

shavies said:
Interesting. As I've just joined the gang I'm wondering about the changes.
Are you interested in possible changes to the trade structure, or changes to the structure of the Bde? You'll probably pick up an awful lot of conjecture about wider restructuring if it is to take place. However there is definately a review of the trade structure in order to provide commonality across the Corps.

Devils_Playmate said:
However there is definately a review of the trade structure in order to provide commonality across the Corps.

Or, more likely, a review of the trade structure in order to identify opportunities for introducing commonality...

Followed, eventually, by a review of the trade structure in order to identify opportunities for introducting commonality...

And so on, with the necessity of repeating the process ad nauseum because nothing happens once the opportunities are identified, and the job has to be done again, as all the info is out of date...

Its trade change time again...

This time it appears to be a significant one. CS Eng is coming in which opens the tech trade to people holding modern ICS (technical) skills (only twenty plus years late), I expect a number of retrades but these soldiers themselves continue to do the same job (they were doing CS Eng role under ICS Operator banner.

For the operator they will clearly have an IT element, how this is to be delivered is unknown. The regular TO's contain a high number of IT objectives these are delivered during their BOWMAN training. The biggie here is that we don't have (and neither is it intended) the main 'IT/ICS' part of BOWMAN.

Other things I've heard imply this change is going to be done correctly, we will let go of the 'semaphore' subjects (those well past their sell by dates) and introduce modern replacements. I'm looking forward to seeing the new trades, might even change trades myself (more my cup of tea).

My biggest concern surrounds soldiers being accepted for current trades, we shouldn't follow regular standards exactly. For example regular entrance standards accept that a soldiers education/intelligence level may be below the required standard but they can bring that up with good training. The last document I read stated some big claims on the improvement attained, we can't do this if the regulars accept a Level 1 soldier bringing them upto Level 3 via training, we accept a level 2 or only 3 soldier

Ive heard a lil wisper that 216 might get a few T.A units or that they may turn in to infantry. is this true or just people getting excited ?

shots_in said:
Ive heard a lil wisper that 216 might get a few T.A units or that they may turn in to infantry. is this true or just people getting excited ?
And monkeys might fly out my butt :)

It would be nice for 216 to have a TA unit to support it akin to 63, but can't see it happening......

I did once here that a certain Sigs TA unit based in Colchester had close links? Not sure if that's true?

From what i hear there busy building up that link at the momement. Means better access to kit giving the guys a wider range of training. better tours to go on.