2 SCOTS - A unit or a manning return ? Discuss.

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by who_cares...., Apr 11, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Why not just put an advert in the newsagent's window saying "Infantry Battalion Wanted" ?

2. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

I think they have! The pity is that 2SCOTS are looking like being the "Holding Unit". Nothing here that was not warned about - especially as The Royal Highland Fusiliers (aka 2SCOTS) were apparantly one of the best recruited in Scotland.

Well done Neu Arbeit.

3. I'd be interested in knowing where they expect to fill the Support Weapons posts from. Any Regular reservist still current is unlikely to want to go back for 24 months or they wouldn't have left, IMO, and the TA don't have support weapons platoons anymore.

Apart from that, everyone is looking for soldiers for all posts all the time. Not too surprising they're trawling the whole sea.

4. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Sorry smartas, but you are wide of the mark there. TA units do have Sp Wpns Pls. Javellin is still "pending" but Mor and MMG are up and running.

5. Another disgusting example of why this government must not be re-elected!

6. Do you think they'd be interested in people from the Long Term Reserve?

7. I suppose "as good as ever" can be interpreted in a number of ways.

Perhaps if Glencorse was slightly nearer Fiji ?

8. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

I though Glencorse was in Fiji.

9. No, it isn't, it just seems like it, less the warm weather, sea and sandy beaches). LOL!

Litotes

10. Excellent news! When did they get them back?

11. As an intrested outsider i have followed the poor state of the British infantry with intrest and often wonder why the Scots have so much mud flung at them? I read in the papers that the Mercian Regiment has had a Gurkha reinforcement company addded to its strength? This i believe is a Battalion of a Regiment that has one of the strongest and largest recruiting grounds with huge metropolitan areas to recruit from? And it still struggles? That worries me! Part of the Scots recruting area, large swathes of the Highlands, has more sheep than people! Also is it not possible that by attracting these people in ie the FTRS chaps you can therefore release regulars to do the postings they desire increasing retention and creating happy organisations?

I think that every unit of the British army needs to grasp the recruiting/retention ethos firmly or if not them make sure that when they amalgamate they create a Regimental title that falls in line with a popular ITV historical series!!!

12. Following with so much interest that you drag up a thread from a year ago ??

Hmmmm.

In fact recruiting in Scotland is rising steeply - 8% up this year I believe, and thats before the Recession starts to bite.

13. Following the Infantry yes... came across the thread quite by accident and only now realise it is a year old, am fairly new to ARRSE... Recruiting rising, glad to hear it... at least one government area benifiting from the reccession! :D