2 RTR no. 2's question

Discussion in 'RAC' started by Surfer_Smithy, Feb 26, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. About to pass out of Bassingbourn and and I'm unsure if I wear a lanyard on my number 2's the other fella in my troop who is 1 rtr has a red lanyard but I didn't seem to be issued one and I was just wondering do 2 wear the saffron yellow one? I've brought it up with my cpl but I'm just wondering as it's a weekend noting can be done till monday anyway.

Cheers for any help.

2. That is correct tis a saffron one!

3. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

Too further your chances of promotion I think a brunswick green would go down nice.

4. If you wear a Red one you'll be a Field Marshall in no time

5. AlienFTM

AlienFTM LE Book Reviewer

I was thinking that if you wore pink with your black overalls, you'd go down a storm in Germany.

6. I can go one better than that, imagine the looks our Regt's 2i/c got when he was in his covvies sporting his QRL capbadge...................sorry motto!!!

7. AlienFTM

AlienFTM LE Book Reviewer

Oh yes I had considered that too.

Back in the day when 15/19H used to borrow 3RTR Chieftains for Sahagun Day celebrations (and no doubt 3RTR tried to return the favour), I remember one young lad (complete lunatic: managed to fire a Scorpion with a serious shortage of oil in the recuperators and BER a turret) convinced he could score a double whammy by driving a Chiefy out the front gate wearing black with a 17/21 cap badge - I mean motto - in his headgear, thereby nicking a Chiefy off 3RTR and winding up the city of Paderborn that the SS were back.

I wonder if he ever grew up? I am quite sure he didn't get around to borrowing a Chieftain.

8. passed out without one as supposidly 2rtr get them at regiment but 1 rtr get them straight away according to the QM.

9. Utter bolleux!

10. OK.
    Bolleux!
    What shall I utter next?
    I just love being given orders. Saves finkin.

11. I believe "You ****" is traditional.