2 REP selection course

Just asking, does the FFL have selection courses (IE: British Paras P Company) to those who make it to 2 REP?. If so what does the training consist of and what is required?.

B

Biscuits_AB

Just asking, does the FFL have selection courses (IE: British Paras P Company) to those who make it to 2 REP?. If so what does the training consist of and what is required?.
REP? For a moment I thought you'd said RMPs. RMPs are my first choice. PARAs are my second.

No selection as such but its normally deemed to be the top five legionnaires passing out of basic training

Never knew that... but what was the TAPs and 'promotion' course all about? Is that selection or just a 'warming up for the fun' sort of gig?

Aren't 2REP the only airbourne unit (poss in the world) that have their own jump school... they don't bother with using hte French Armies one. It would be like 1 Para having its own school whilst everyone else wnet through Brize.

Never knew that... but what was the TAPs and 'promotion' course all about? Is that selection or just a 'warming up for the fun' sort of gig?

Aren't 2REP the only airbourne unit (poss in the world) that have their own jump school... they don't bother with using hte French Armies one. It would be like 1 Para having its own school whilst everyone else wnet through Brize.
I am happy to be corrected on this, but I believe 2ieme Regiment Etrangere Parachutiste is comprised of 3 Battalions - closely approximating to Brigade size (5 AB Bde, as was?) in UK Army terms.

NOTE: Again, I stand to be corrected, but I know of no other Army than the British in which single battalion-sized units are titled as 'Regiments'. In most Armies, a Regiment is a tactical entity, of 3 to 4 battalions, usually of a single type (inf/armour/Para) commanded by full Colonel.

In some Armies (e.g. the US), a Regimental Combat Team would be an all-arms organisation built around a Regiment of infantry or of tanks, but lately the Septics have shifted to employing Brigades (e.g. Stryker Brigades, still commanded by a full Colonel), and I haven't taken the time to figure out what the difference is.

I am happy to be corrected on this, but I believe 2ieme Regiment Etrangere Parachutiste is comprised of 3 Battalions - closely approximating to Brigade size (5 AB Bde, as was?) in UK Army terms.

NOTE: Again, I stand to be corrected, but I know of no other Army than the British in which single battalion-sized units are titled as 'Regiments'. In most Armies, a Regiment is a tactical entity, of 3 to 4 battalions, usually of a single type (inf/armour/Para) commanded by full Colonel.

In some Armies (e.g. the US), a Regimental Combat Team would be an all-arms organisation built around a Regiment of infantry or of tanks, but lately the Septics have shifted to employing Brigades (e.g. Stryker Brigades, still commanded by a full Colonel), and I haven't taken the time to figure out what the difference is.
The 2eme REP's strength is around 1100 men split into 4 combat companies plus HQ support, nowhere near as large as 5 AB

A mate of mine who was in one of the REI mobs told me that during the interview and testing phase if you bang on about playing rugby you'll get shuffled to 2 REP. Apparently the former 2 REP blokes who do/did the selection had instructions to make sure Anglais rugby players got sent over as 2 REP like to win at le rugby.

It may be true, it may be a load of bolleau.

I'm not current on this, but I was at Pau ( ETAP) for a spell in the '70's. All airborne candidates including paramilitary police units, male and female were trained there.
Are you confusing the 'continuation training' facilities at Calvi with the ab initio course at ETAP?

No selection as such but its normally deemed to be the top five legionnaires passing out of basic training
Really? When I passed out, the top man went to 2 REI and the last man went to 2 REP, but maybe it's changed now, it was a while ago!

On ROPS
On ROPs
I concur with EB. The top few chose to go REP in my sion but the bottom end of the sion got dicked to go REP too. They all went to 3'cie (amphib) and this does include guys who were very poor swimmers! No idea ref the rugb y statement, I do know the CRS had a very good rugby team though. We never had a rugby team or any other team back in the early 90's...maybe it's all changed now(?).

I'm not current on this, but I was at Pau ( ETAP) for a spell in the '70's. All airborne candidates including paramilitary police units, male and female were trained there.
Are you confusing the 'continuation training' facilities at Calvi with the ab initio course at ETAP?
The "Centre d'Entrainement au Saut" in Calvi IS an initial jump school. All legionnaires posted to the REP do their brevet jumps there. The regiment is allocated "blocks" of numbered wings.

B

bumgrapes

I concur with EB. The top few chose to go REP in my sion but the bottom end of the sion got dicked to go REP too. They all went to 3'cie (amphib) and this does include guys who were very poor swimmers! No idea ref the rugb y statement, I do know the CRS had a very good rugby team though. We never had a rugby team or any other team back in the early 90's...maybe it's all changed now(?).
Bollocks! It was the illuminati etc, reptilians etc, wibblewibble etc

Latest Threads