2 r irish

D

dustydog

Planning on joining 2 R IRISH as soon as I hit 17 and 9 months, is there anybody on here in it that can tell me what it's like?

I thught you can start the application at 17 and 9 months?
Afraid not chap:

6. Increase in Soldier Recruitment Lower Age Limit. The age limit for enlistment and initiating the recruitment process is raised to 18 years; soldiers may no longer be recruited at 17 or 17 ½. This change recognises the difficulty in providing the mandatory special processes and resources needed to support young people in sub-units and units. It will therefore reduce the administrative burden, avoid compromising protective legislation and ensure that TA Soldiers are treated and employed in a manner similar to Regular Soldiers2. Reference A, Paras 5.023 and 5.025 and Annex C/5 are revoked. Only those attested before 18 May 2012 may continue Phase 1 and 2 training; they must remain in an untrained PID until reaching the age of 18.

One of the best TA Regiments about. I have recently joined. I used to be fulltime and I can say 2 RIR have some of the best soldiers in the Army, that's why they are now part of 16 air assault brigade.

D

dustydog

One of the best TA Regiments about. I have recently joined. I used to be fulltime and I can say 2 RIR have some of the best soldiers in the Army, that's why they are now part of 16 air assault brigade.
mind if i add you as a friend so I can ask a few questions?