• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

2 r irish

D

dustydog

Planning on joining 2 R IRISH as soon as I hit 17 and 9 months, is there anybody on here in it that can tell me what it's like?

I thught you can start the application at 17 and 9 months?
Afraid not chap:

6. Increase in Soldier Recruitment Lower Age Limit. The age limit for enlistment and initiating the recruitment process is raised to 18 years; soldiers may no longer be recruited at 17 or 17 ½. This change recognises the difficulty in providing the mandatory special processes and resources needed to support young people in sub-units and units. It will therefore reduce the administrative burden, avoid compromising protective legislation and ensure that TA Soldiers are treated and employed in a manner similar to Regular Soldiers2. Reference A, Paras 5.023 and 5.025 and Annex C/5 are revoked. Only those attested before 18 May 2012 may continue Phase 1 and 2 training; they must remain in an untrained PID until reaching the age of 18.

One of the best TA Regiments about. I have recently joined. I used to be fulltime and I can say 2 RIR have some of the best soldiers in the Army, that's why they are now part of 16 air assault brigade.

D

dustydog

One of the best TA Regiments about. I have recently joined. I used to be fulltime and I can say 2 RIR have some of the best soldiers in the Army, that's why they are now part of 16 air assault brigade.
mind if i add you as a friend so I can ask a few questions?

Latest Threads