2 R Anglian staying at Cottesmore?

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by Damo510, Jan 6, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just a quick question for anyone in the know. With 7 Regt RLC moving to Cottesmore in 2013 and 2 R Anglian going there in July 2012 will they be sharing the camp with them or are the Anglians moving on after a year?
  2. I've not long left Cottesmore and I spoke to the 2i/c 2 R Anglian who is under the impression that this is it move wise. They will be sharing the camp with 7 Regt RLC.
  3. Cheers Mick.
  4. So ample notice for anyone in 2 RANG to get their not nailed down insurance squared away.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Military base to be renamed after illustrious war hero | This is Leicestershire

The former RAF Cottesmore, handed over to the Army earlier this month, will be called Kendrew Barracks after Major General Sir Douglas Kendrew, described as the former Royal Leicestershire Regiment's most illustrious son. The base will soon be home to the 2nd Battalion the Royal Anglian Regiment when more than 600 soldiers take up residence after moving back from Cyprus.

They will be followed a year later by 460 personnel from 7 Regiment Royal Logistics Corps. General Kendrew became one of the most highly decorated officers of the Second World War and was one of only nine officers to be awarded the Distinguished Service Order four times.
    He was appointed Colonel of The Royal Leicestershire Regiment, known as the Tigers, in 1963 and was the last person to hold that title before the regiment was amalgamated into The Royal Anglian Regiment in 1964.
    Colonel Richard Robinson, president of the Royal Tigers Association, said they were "delighted" General Kendrew was being honoured.
    General Kendrew played rugby for Leicester Football Club – which became Leicester Tigers – and was capped 10 times for England. He was also director of infantry in the Ministry of Defence.
  6. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I suppose even the Poachers get a choice, peterborough Skank or RLC lesbians?
    • Like Like x 2