2 Para or not 2 Para

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by Jimmy1880, Jun 15, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello chaps,

I'm planning on joining up soon, My first appointment with my recruiter is monday morning.

I have looked long and hard at my options and came to the conclusion that I want to be an infantryman. I'm leaning towards the PWRR and have read up alot about the regiment and they really appeal to me. The Parachute regiment is also something I'd love to join.

After speaking to my old man he has advised me to pick carefully because he said that if I were to join the PWRR and then decide to join the para's I might find myself getting a tough time from the regiment, that they'll see me as a traitor and worse still if I were to fail p coy and return to the regiment that I'll be stuck peeling spuds the rest of my life as a punishment.

Now my old man is old school army SLR days and was in 9 Para RE, with how much the army has changed it might be different now.

Also how much harder is P coy compared with Infantry basic?

2. Ask your old man troll.
  3. Why is he a troll?
    At least he can type in English.
    Besides, its only a question.
    Jimmy, the best thing for you to do is to have a search through the forums as regard to P Company. Use the search function at the top.
    For all other questions, have a look at the Armyjobs site and go and have a chat at your local careers office.
    To be honest, there are that many people who attack anyone on here for asking relatively naive questions (im one of them on the odd occasion, but that is usually down to txt speak or other mong like behaviour) that it is best you speak to someone in person.

All the best
  4. Why not join the RE get a trade and then go 9 sqn like your old man. I promise you you'll never look back. Stick a post on the sappers forum, what do you want to be when you leave the army? A Gympy gunner, or a choice of trades plus a Gympy gunner. Honestly look at your options.

9 Sqn completed a tour ouf afghan, had to carry out the same drills and skills as the para's with added engineering skills.
  5. Thanks for the info
  6. Oh and px4llp...

A "Forum Troll" is a person who posts outrageous message to bait people to answer. Forum Troll delights in sowing discord on the forums. A troll is someone who inspires flaming rhetoric, someone who is purposely provoking and pulling people into flaming discussion. Flaming discussions usually end with name calling and a flame war.

so px4llp by definition you are being the troll... Bloody idiot!
  7. My apologies.I take it back.if he wants info on the Para Reg he can pm me
  8. When was your dad with 9 Sqn? I may know him, them b@stards cause me endless misery!! They stole my fridge full of beer and a naked woman!
  9. There was a naked women in your fridge?
  10. Yes, it was a big fridge!!
  11. My...........
    Hang on I think Ive found her

Attached Files:

12. Jimmy ,
    Im ex 1 PWRR and we had lot of blokes do P-Coy when we were part of 5 AB and we had a platoon that were part of 16 AA aswell some of the lads went to pathfinders and some transfered over to Para Reg aswell a couple even went to 9sqn , and some blokes went and did the AACC

anyway good luck what ever you do
  13. Superb! It was you! Fridge thief!!
  14. Ever get in 9,s bar in Monty lines, JD?
    many a good end to a good night!
  15. Indeed I did, many a time I lost an eyebrow in there, I never learnt the lesson 'you should not fall asleep in 9 Sqn bar'. Used to go to the one above it too, the Log Bn one, bit more of a nightclub to 9 Sqn's rough and ready!!