2 PARA Lt Col Andy Harrison does it again...

Discussion in 'Afghanistan' started by SudoCreme, Mar 3, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This time he went after Terry.

BFBS.....

A Parachute Regiment CO who risked death by single-handedly tackling a team of Taliban bombers said he did no more than he would have expected from any of his paratroopers.

Two Para’s Lt Col Andy Harrison was struck by a grenade and gunfire after his convoy chanced upon the bombers in the act of planting a roadside device under cover of darkness near one of central Helmand’s main routes.

The decorated Para was first out of the vehicle and chased down the insurgents. To cover their escape the enemy threw a grenade and fired shots. A bullet struck his body armour chest plate while shrapnel wounded him in the face and thigh.

“I just had a bad morning and sometimes these things happen, but I’m fine,” he said in an exclusive interview with British Forces News.

Medevaced to Camp Bastion Hospital, the following day he discharged himself and returned to his patrol base, limping unaided from the helicopter, carrying his daysack and determined to return command. “I had a small operation and I’m back in the fray this morning.”

He denied doing anything exceptional: “I expect every one of my paratroopers to take the fight to the enemy.” “I’m like a thousand soldiers I work with. We think about doing our job every day and that’s what’s important.”

Determined to get himself dismembered, or, determined to show the utmost dedicated leadership from the front?

2. Pararegtom

Pararegtom LE Book Reviewer

Fecking Nails well done Sir!! keep it up.

3. Good drills by this CO, Well done Sir.

4. He's becoming a bit of a bullet magnet......

5. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

So, did he chase after terry because he had had a bad day, and was up for a scrap, or was getting injured the "Bad day"

Either way, inspiring:)

6. He doesn't **** about does he? Good work boss!

7. So was his body armout hit by an RPG or a bullet?

8. Is this a rehash of the one that was reported the other week or has he been chasing Terry again?

Either way good on him

9. The way it's being reported gives the impression that this is a second occasion.

10. Pararegtom

Pararegtom LE Book Reviewer

SS you can just imagine The RSM thinking FFs screw the nut Sir!!!

11. I don't doubt thisis true, but it begs a few questions.

12. I agree. Not the best way to lead your men.......from a hospital bed.

13. Haha, I'm sure he's causing a few headaches further up the ladder. "I say, Andys bloody at it again"

His lads must bloody love him though.

14. Show Off....:eye:

15. There is a history of military media whoring. I hope it doesn't apply to this person as it always ends in tears.