2 Para help needed

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by Private_Pike, Aug 12, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Help needed with a guy my company has just recruited who claims a past as a 2 Para full screw. He says he served in the '90's and is one of few people to have two service numbers as he was a Fusilier who was discharged but rejoined as a para without disclosing his previous. I can pm his name.

2. daywalker

daywalker LE Reviewer

late or early 90's?

3. Log on to 2parareunionclub.co. they should be able to help, bullshitter springs to mind here

4. he says he left in 1999 after 10 years service initials TM

5. If he disclosed his previous or not, his original number would have caught up with him. Unless he gave a false D O B , NI Number , NHS Number and any of the myriad other bits of info that track you through life

6. Bollocks springs to mind.

7. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Wasn't that the service history of the lad who got done in Iraq for shooting the PMC's?

If he didn't disclode his previous service then he would have been chucked out for illegally joining would he not ?

8. Not the same bloke Syrup-the lad your on about currently languishes in an Iraqi prison.

9. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Yep I thought that but what I was alluding to was this lad had nicked his back story so to speak
    You know read about it in the papers and thought thats the new me that is

You could always ask him to take his shirt off bound to be a set of wings tattoed somewhere :)

10. I understand that's always a dead give away

[​IMG]

11. he's never going to live that down is he?

12. I must have seen that picture a 100 times and it always makes me laugh...................... but this is the first time Ive noticed that the photograph over the left shoulder (his left) of the skinny wee cnut. The photo looks like 'mike golden' in the same pose as hes doing in the main picture.

You couldnt make it up!!

Edited to add: Whilst this alleged 2 Para bloke may be at it, its worth noting that it is possible to have 2 service numbers. My original number started 2497 and when I re-joined recently, I was told I couldnt keep it and was allocated a 3011 number.

13. I've got 2 service numbers. My old one beginning 24 and my new one starting 30. I left and have just re-joined 12 years later. You get a new Reg No if you were in and left before JPA or something - it doesn't get crossed over even if you declared it on your application/DV forms. Its a pain in the arse for me as I always rattle of the old one by accident.

14. One of 'boasts' is that he is one of only four people to have two service numbers which rang bells with me because I had two- one from the TA and one regular.

15. Right, so either Spenny and I are two of the other 3 in the whole wide world or he's talking pish.