2 para falklands

that brought a speck of sentiment to the old eyes Mate, good on you :oops:

ugly

LE
Thanks for going the extra mile and finding that piccy of Smiffy, H Smith was in the Cadets with me and I remember him joining IJLB about 2 years ahead of me, he also saved me from a kicking on at least 1 occaision. I'm sure I'm not the only one to miss him!

Pararegtom

LE
Book Reviewer
Jim you have done a great job there mate. Brought a lump to the throat' Train Hard fit Easy "Airborne"

ugly

LE
Hairy_Fairy said:
Very dusty in here watching that. Jim Barry was a mess mate of my old man. RIP lads, never forgotten.
He was my Bn IO's brother!

That was a brilliant tribute mate, these men are what makes the British Army a great place to be when the chips are down. Well Done That Man.

I will be there.. counting the days now,,, :D
Thank you for the comments. its good not to forget..

That is a magnificent piece of work. Falklands happened when I was a newbie civvy but there are faces there I remember from NI days.
Is there not somewhere where this could be entered for a recognition of some sort?
Have you offered it to the National Army Museum?

ugly said:
Hairy_Fairy said:
Very dusty in here watching that. Jim Barry was a mess mate of my old man. RIP lads, never forgotten.
He was my Bn IO's brother!
Jim was my OC Troop when I was a young scaley sprog not even old enough to drink. He wasnt that much older really looking back at it from the benefit of time.
Took me and another lad from my troop on a weeks sailing/drinking trip around the Isle of Wight in the sunny summer of IIRC about 1978 as he was a qualified sailing skipper. Good days.

A job well done in honour of all who took part in the conflict

Extraordinary. That's really a magnificent tribute. I did Grand Prix with 2 Para in Kenya just before they deployed and met 'H' and Jim Barry.