2 Para CO.....Lucky Chap!

Had a mate have a RPG bounce of his Snatch back in Basra (or surrounds) [He said either a dud or something about it not arming it was fired so close] but actualy off _you_ is something else again!

I just can't imagine having an RPG bounce off you. Very, very lucky man.

Utrinque Paratus? I doubt even he was expecting that, hope his wounds heal quickly and there's no lasting effects

Always nice to hear of officers of his rank taking some of the same risks as his lads. At least he can look them in the eye.

Hope he's fully healed and back with his men as soon as possible. In the meantime - Enjoy your well earned rest Sir !

D_B

Some escape that Colonel, well done you!

That'll be one for dinner parties.

Although in a decade or so no-one will believe him. I can see it now in a 2032 ARRSE thread; "There's a old bloke who says he was a Para and states he got hit in the chest by a RPG and survivied, is he a Walt?"

Infantry Commanding Officer's were usually inspirational leader's in my day. Lt Col Andy Harrison certainly seem's to fit that bill. I hope he recovers completely. I bet his battalion now think he is a God!

Having worked with the Colonel in the past, he truly is hard as nails - and also quite scarey! Fair bit of experience that man has too.

Please let us not forget David Bradley who took an RPG to the chest (via his rifle) and sustained serious injuries while leading his company in Basra.

Infantry Commanding Officer's were usually inspirational leader's in my day. Lt Col Andy Harrison certainly seem's to fit that bill. I hope he recovers completely. I bet his battalion now think he is a God!
I wish the same could be said of Cavalry CO's. We had one, who on the CO's inspection of Tank Park had to followed around by someone with a chair to help him up on the wagons, as he was a bit . . cough . . rotund

The CO of one of the Scots Regts was shot in the thigh a couple of years ago-He goes around telling his story of recovery through Headly Court etc

Well it must be a pretty fierce fight going on out there at the moment if the CO's getting used as a sand bag.

I'd like to add that he isn't the first Para this has happened to either. Last year a 1PARA chap also had an RPG deflect off his front plate but unfortunately it took his arm with it as it flew off into the distance. Theres a very fine line between being lucky and unfuckinglucky!