2 New Civil War Games--Roman and American

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by Yank_Lurker, Oct 4, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Which to buy first???

Doing my semi-monthly perusing of the Matrix Games site, and they have two games which look eminently worthy of purchasing.

Alea Jacta Est a grand strategy simulation of 5 separate Roman campaigns set in their civil wars, from 87BC to 197AD. Produced by Slitherine and AGEOD. Looks excellent.

Slitherine Ltd

And then Scourge of War: Gettysburg, a grand tactical game of Gettysburg. The producers seem to have done a pretty good job of 3D terrain modelling of the battlefield.

2. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Here's a crazy idea: Buy neither, get outside once in a while and maybe you might find a girl who will let you **** her.
    • Like Like x 4
  3. Odd, I've found a few the last few months.
  4. Womens lady bits smell and they always want to cuddle afterwards, unless You pay them and decent ones are expensive.

The Gettysburg game looks alright
  5. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

It continues to amaze me that people visit the Gaming forum to tell gamers to stop playing games.
    • Like Like x 2
  6. I sometimes think the same thing.
  7. Rome every time, I hate yanks....

Serious now. Is the Rome game going to be any better than Rome Total War or its better MOD Rome Total Realisum? I do love RTS but the combat battles are so good I'm still playing it after ooo how many years? Up to up, I'll be happy to hear a report.

No idea about the Gettysburg game sorry. Not my thing, meh.

edited: to be serious for a change.
  8. BrunoNoMedals

Company of Heroes 2 is due out fairly soon, so that should fulfil everyone's RTS needs.
  9. I've done my share of pulling this year, and somehow still find time for gaming, I'm not pressed. Wives however, really interfere with one's gaming time, and worse yet, don't offer sex in return for lost gaming fun. Had one, glad she's gone. More sex, AND more gaming time, than I got in the marriage.

The Rome game will not have battles a la the "Total War" franchise. I've played a few AGEOD games before, and the game is kept on the big map thingy. You enter your orders to units, the enemy player or AI enters their orders, you hit "execute" and both players moves are run simultaneously. Combat is abstracted.
  10. No, massive fail Ravers, get the Roman game and whilst playing, have some lingeried lovely knosh you off. Just like a REAL Roman God-of-War!
  11. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

Indeed, posting on a forum is fairly geeky anyway!!
  12. BrunoNoMedals

An extremely valid point, that confirms my geekiness as it never even occurred to me.

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2
  13. Compartmentalize your geekiness.

Last night I stopped for drinks after work, the bar is owned by two lezzers. Very nice ladies. Who were drunk, grabbed me and dragged me into the back room and ripped down my trousers to confirm what they'd been told by a lovely girl I know who'd told them about my....attributes. I don't let on my geekiness in this establishment, and have a fine time. After closing time I went home and played a bit of Skyrim before crashing for the night.

Balance in all things, young Padawan.
  14. So what games this? Is it in the Steam sale?
    • Like Like x 2