• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

2 mugs 1 bag!

So anyway, you can make 2 cups of tea with one bag. Following this useful guide should make your rat pack go a little further.

1. Notice that there are 2 mugs - but only 1 tea bag!

2. Look! The tea bag is in the mug on the left. You may start by placing it in the mug/cup on the right but if you do, ensure that you reverse all subsequent instructions in order to achieve the effect.

3. Fill the first mug with boiling water. Using warm/tepid/cool/cold water will disappoint.

4. Give it a jolly good stir and allow Brownian motion to work its wonders!

5. Using a spoon remove the tea bag. IMPORTANT: do not attempt to squeeze the bag out on the side of the mug!

6. Drop the tea bag into the bottom of the second mug.

7. Again, remember to add boiling water! Note: if you reversed the order earlier, you may now have water all over the place. Look and try again.

8. Stir...Brownian motion...etc

9. At this point, remove the tea bag and, using the spoon, squeeze the bag out on the side of the mug to extract full benefit.

10. Now add milk. Putting milk in before doing the thing with water is a foul act perpetrated in council estates.

11. Repeat.

12. Serve and await applause.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
WTF is that all about?

Is this the 'No Sh*t Sherlock' forum?

There is, obviously, some sort of pecking order;
the liquid in the cup that is not chipped (and had first dibs at the teabag) looks like tea.
And the other poor sod has a chipped mug containing dishwater.

If I made stuff that looks like that dishwater, my old dad would remark, "Looks like rain."

One word: Pikey

I know there's a bit of turmoil in the financial world at the moment, but things aren't that bloody bad FFS!

Social_Handgrenade said:
One word: Pikey

I know there's a bit of turmoil in the financial world at the moment, but things aren't that bloody bad FFS!
"Yet"

If i make 2 brews using the same bag twice for the rest of my life it will save roughly £650. Which i can then fritter on possbily a very large fish tank, or the playstation 5 when it is released. Fasanating eh.

proximo said:
10. Now add milk. Putting milk in before doing the thing with water is a foul act perpetrated in council estates.
As is making tea in the cup, Even more so skimping on teabags

Proper Tea should be brewed in a tea pot

I clicked on this thread thinking it would be about a woman convicted of bigamy :?

I'm disappointed it wasn't a new version of 2 Chicks 1 Cup...

And don't forget to put the used tea bag in your compost bin.

msr

I agree with Proximo I'm afraid. Except milk goes in last.

Make that teabag last!!! You can get about four cups (they get weaker obviously) but then I'm a tight b*rsteward and proud of it.

Where'd you pinch the spoons by the way?? :D I've got some like that, one on a length of string on my CS95 jacket.

Old habit from the 80's - and no it's not for smoking crack/drugging up :D

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ugly Shooting, Hunting and Fishing 20
Grownup_Rafbrat Charity Auctions 180
Fireplace The NAAFI Bar 85