2 mugs 1 bag!

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by Proximo, Jul 13, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. So anyway, you can make 2 cups of tea with one bag. Following this useful guide should make your rat pack go a little further.

[​IMG]
    1. Notice that there are 2 mugs - but only 1 tea bag!

[​IMG]
    2. Look! The tea bag is in the mug on the left. You may start by placing it in the mug/cup on the right but if you do, ensure that you reverse all subsequent instructions in order to achieve the effect.

[​IMG]
    3. Fill the first mug with boiling water. Using warm/tepid/cool/cold water will disappoint.

[​IMG]
    4. Give it a jolly good stir and allow Brownian motion to work its wonders!

[​IMG]
    5. Using a spoon remove the tea bag. IMPORTANT: do not attempt to squeeze the bag out on the side of the mug!

[​IMG]
    6. Drop the tea bag into the bottom of the second mug.

[​IMG]
    7. Again, remember to add boiling water! Note: if you reversed the order earlier, you may now have water all over the place. Look and try again.

[​IMG]
    8. Stir...Brownian motion...etc

[​IMG]
    9. At this point, remove the tea bag and, using the spoon, squeeze the bag out on the side of the mug to extract full benefit.

[​IMG]
    10. Now add milk. Putting milk in before doing the thing with water is a foul act perpetrated in council estates.

[​IMG]
    11. Repeat.

[​IMG]
    12. Serve and await applause.

2. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

WTF is that all about?

Is this the 'No Sh*t Sherlock' forum?

3. There is, obviously, some sort of pecking order;
    the liquid in the cup that is not chipped (and had first dibs at the teabag) looks like tea.
    And the other poor sod has a chipped mug containing dishwater.

If I made stuff that looks like that dishwater, my old dad would remark, "Looks like rain."

4. Do Rat packs not come with Tea and whitener mixed ? causing some concern with this theory

5. :highfive:

6. Yeah - I perhaps should have stated '10 Man Rat Pack'. Good spot!

7. One word:

Teapot.

8. One word: Pikey

I know there's a bit of turmoil in the financial world at the moment, but things aren't that bloody bad FFS!

9. Is there a water ration on in your house then?

10. "Yet"

11. [​IMG]

Much easier and less messy.

Otherwise....

[​IMG] and [​IMG]

12. If i make 2 brews using the same bag twice for the rest of my life it will save roughly £650. Which i can then fritter on possbily a very large fish tank, or the playstation 5 when it is released. Fasanating eh.

13. As is making tea in the cup, Even more so skimping on teabags

Proper Tea should be brewed in a tea pot

14. I clicked on this thread thinking it would be about a woman convicted of bigamy :?

15. I'm disappointed it wasn't a new version of 2 Chicks 1 Cup...