2 more weeks public duties leave - What to do?

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Chalky, Dec 28, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Conundrum: Work have just given me two more weeks of public duties leave as part of my contract revision and, having done most of what I wanted to do this year, I'm a bit stumped as to what to do with it and don't want it to go to waste, especially as it's supposed to be 'in recognition of our staff's contribution to serving our country'

Anyone got any ideas for good course/exercises on before then end of March?

I'm a CMT 1 attached to the Mercians if that's any help.

2. Do some public duties ?.

3. Why not contact your nearest GS Med Regt & see if there is anything you can brush up on to increase your trade knowledge? I'm sure your unit will supply the MTDs if they will benefit from your improved trade ability!

4. Mapric?

5. What company is this then? Very decent of them to offer up extended leave.

6. This would be the Police. They've brought TA leave into line with that offered to Special Constables.

7. Oh. Right then. Hang on to it for the strike.

8. Go sailing on Canary Gold!

9. So most forces won't let you be in the TA and join up, but if you do manage to slip through the net then you get treated well!!

Hmm, what force are you in (hopefully my area, and I can finally send that pesky application off)?

10. Not a constable. I'm a police scientist. Sorry! However, seconded officers get the same TACOS