2 More Female Officers Fail USMC Infantry Officers Course

Discussion in 'US' started by jumpinjarhead, Mar 30, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Another evidence of a failed social experiment but of course that will not deter our Masters in their quest to lower the US military to the lowest common gender denominator.

2. Look just say you hate women, hate blacks and ******* love guns and God.

It would save you starting all these threads.
    • Like Like x 18
  3. TBH, JJH, the 2 women dropped out along with 12 blokes this time. The first time 30 blokes dropped out on the first day, one of the bints with a "leg stress fracture". As it says in the post, only 75% complete the course, so where's the problem?
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Sorry, JJH, I usually agree with you but it sounds like you're wrong in this case.
  5. H3

H3 LE

How many guys fail ???????
  6. It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed. Theodore Roosevelt
  7. Just don't read them old fellow.
    • Like Like x 3
  8. Give it time. give it time.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. I don't think I know enough about this. What's the usual failure rate? Have any women actually passed yet? Are the standards identical for men and women - and have they remained unchanged since the course was opened to women?
  10. Maybe they should shave their heads and become dykes like GI Jane.
  11. The rate is about 25%. The standards (or at least their interpretation and application) will IMHO change as pressure mounts on the services to get females into infantry and SF units.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
  12. From what I gather, the US Army is already moving - the Q Course is already getting considerably fluffier, so no doubt the ladeez will be rocking green beanies before long. As far as I know Ranger School is still as it was, but it can't be long before the first women graduate from the US Army infantry officers' basic course.

I don't have a problem with women doing pretty much any job, provided that the standards are the same for both genders and not relaxed specifically to make it easier for women to pass. If the job requires the ability to hump 50kg 50km, then that's the standard, right there.
    • Like Like x 9
  13. Failure rate male ~ 25%

Failure rate female = 100%
  14. I think you get the point I am making. Knowing the military hierarchy as I do after 45 years' affiliation, it will begin at the politicized "top" echelons and eventually flow down to the training cadre level who will realize it is not career-enhancing to be overly rigorous at every point where discretion and interpretation of standards are possible to get the female qualification rate up to where their political Masters want it. Moral courage will be at a premium and over time those with it will be culled from the ranks.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
    • Like Like x 2