2 More Female Officers Fail USMC Infantry Officers Course

Another evidence of a failed social experiment but of course that will not deter our Masters in their quest to lower the US military to the lowest common gender denominator.

[FONT=&amp]2 more female Marine officers fail combat training[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Michael Winter, USA TODAY[/FONT][FONT=&amp]7:17p.m. EDT March 29, 2013[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]12 male colleagues also washed out on grueling endurance test in Virginia.[/FONT]

IOC.jpg
Last fall, two second lieutenants became the first women to attempt the officers' combat training course in Quantico, Va. Both dropped out.(Photo: H. Darr Beiser, USA TODAY)
Two more women have failed to complete the Marine Corps rigorous combat training course for officers, according to news reports Friday.
The officers washed out Thursday on the obstacle course at Quantico, Va., along with 12 male colleagues, NBC News reported, citing military officials. NPR said both women were lieutenants.
They were part of a class of 110 in the 10-week Infantry Officer Course, which is offered four times a year. Only 75% complete the course.
Last fall, two second lieutenants volunteered to be the first women to attempt the course, but they dropped out. One suffered a leg stress fracture. Nearly 30 men also washed out on the first day.
BLOG: First women drop out of Marines' infantry training
One of the unidentified officers said she had wanted "to try to open up a door, maybe, for women after me. I don't know how far it will open, but I'm hoping to make a difference for women down the road."
USA TODAY's Jim Michaels wrote about the women as they were beginning their training in the Virginia woods.
STORY: Marines test women on infantry course for first time
"The women are expected to do everything that the men do," said Col. Todd Desgrosseilliers. "We haven't changed anything."
[FONT=&amp]USA NOW[/FONT]

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Another evidence of a failed social experiment but of course that will not deter our Masters in their quest to lower the US military to the lowest common gender denominator.
TBH, JJH, the 2 women dropped out along with 12 blokes this time. The first time 30 blokes dropped out on the first day, one of the bints with a "leg stress fracture". As it says in the post, only 75% complete the course, so where's the problem?

"The women are expected to do everything that the men do," said Col. Todd Desgrosseilliers. "We haven't changed anything."
Sorry, JJH, I usually agree with you but it sounds like you're wrong in this case.

It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed. Theodore Roosevelt

I don't think I know enough about this. What's the usual failure rate? Have any women actually passed yet? Are the standards identical for men and women - and have they remained unchanged since the course was opened to women?

I don't think I know enough about this. What's the usual failure rate? Have any women actually passed yet? Are the standards identical for men and women - and have they remained unchanged since the course was opened to women?
The rate is about 25%. The standards (or at least their interpretation and application) will IMHO change as pressure mounts on the services to get females into infantry and SF units.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

From what I gather, the US Army is already moving - the Q Course is already getting considerably fluffier, so no doubt the ladeez will be rocking green beanies before long. As far as I know Ranger School is still as it was, but it can't be long before the first women graduate from the US Army infantry officers' basic course.

I don't have a problem with women doing pretty much any job, provided that the standards are the same for both genders and not relaxed specifically to make it easier for women to pass. If the job requires the ability to hump 50kg 50km, then that's the standard, right there.

From what I gather, the US Army is already moving - the Q Course is already getting considerably fluffier, so no doubt the ladeez will be rocking green beanies before long. As far as I know Ranger School is still as it was, but it can't be long before the first women graduate from the US Army infantry officers' basic course.

I don't have a problem with women doing pretty much any job, provided that the standards are the same for both genders and not relaxed specifically to make it easier for women to pass. If the job requires the ability to hump 50kg 50km, then that's the standard, right there.
I think you get the point I am making. Knowing the military hierarchy as I do after 45 years' affiliation, it will begin at the politicized "top" echelons and eventually flow down to the training cadre level who will realize it is not career-enhancing to be overly rigorous at every point where discretion and interpretation of standards are possible to get the female qualification rate up to where their political Masters want it. Moral courage will be at a premium and over time those with it will be culled from the ranks.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

I think JJH is playing the long game here and looking 5 - 10 years into the future.

I think JJH is playing the long game here and looking 5 - 10 years into the future.
If we are to buy in to the tenor of these alarmist threads that by then the US will have become a muslim kenyan caliphate whose views on equality for women are not too dissimilar with the OP's, so there is really nothing to worry about.

CplFoodspoiler

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Failure rate male ~ 25%

Failure rate female = 100%
FFS what a puerile use of 'statistics'. However, it does show that 25% of those males who attempt - and kudos for that, male AND female candidates - perform the same as women. Does that mean they will equate their failing as a sign of weakness? As in, cant even do better than a woman?

Let any one who has the potential give it a shot - same standards for all - and if they get accepted for the course and eventually fail, well, so have many who went before.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Look just say you hate women, hate blacks and ******* love guns and God.

It would save you starting all these threads.
That's a bit sweeping. This is an excellent idea, just not in the infantry:

Attachments