• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

2 mile run times

davenport said:
[
Are you joining the US Army?
No, I've been running 1.5 mile in the past and now I've decided to get off my arrse and start running again I wanted to aim a little further but didn't really have any idea of what sort of time to go for.

REMEbrat said:
davenport said:
[
Are you joining the US Army?
No, I've been running 1.5 mile in the past and now I've decided to get off my arrse and start running again I wanted to aim a little further but didn't really have any idea of what sort of time to go for.
You adding an approx extra 5 min on to your run. Do you have an objective?

davenport said:
You adding an approx extra 5 min on to your run. Do you have an objective?
Basically just to improve my personal fitness. I've been saying to myself for the last 3 or 4 years "I've got to start running" but always come up with bull$hit reasons not to. Unfortunately work from my driving agency has dried up so I thought once the snow had stopped I'll get back out there and, now it has, I've started my running!

davenport said:
3secondwonder said:
has no one here done the brecon shuffle? - 2 miles with full kit (25kg) in under 18 minutes? First mile up hill....
why 2 miles? was it worth it?
erh.. because the DS said that 2 miles was the distance.... not sure "worth it" was what I was thinking but hanging out of my bottom at the end yes!

top time was 14 minutes and that was our colour sergeant - racing snake but he didn't have the rifle... Thats my excuse anyway.