2 MI Bn Ex GREEN WARRIOR

Discussion in 'Int Corps' started by PartyLineGang, Feb 15, 2009.

?
  1. Fantastic - should be a month long!

31.3%
  2. As good as it can be realistically

31.3%
  3. Noy bad overall

12.5%
  4. Could be a lot better

12.5%
  5. A waste of time - why bother?

12.5%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Another 2 MI Bn GREEN WARRIOR has drawn to a close with a misty eyed 'ENDEX' so, let's here it.

A well resourced, well structured and focussed PDT package or a waste of time? Balanced and progressive or an unjustified thrashing? Enjoyable or, frankly, dull? A good Sect building event or a chance for the DS to enhance their OJARs/SJARs?

Relevant, realistic, rewarding or reprehensible?

I think we need to break off from the " MI Bn Concentration Camp thread. Ex GREEN WARRIOR is a long way from the Ex GREEN METTLE and the 'jamboree' that we've had in the past. So, have your say.

2. With that post you're certainly trying to enhance your own SJAR! Why not work hard to get up that Bn gradings board rather than suck up!

3. think you'll find the PLG sitting at the table during those grading boards matey, so it's not exactly sucking up ;)

4. Everyone is on a gradings board somewhere...........

5. Given she may be trying to enhance her own OJAR, perhaps just solicit some genuine feedback?

But probably not sat on your grading board though. :wink:

PS: Sorry I seem to have wildly skewed the voting on this, but the strategic analysts amongst you will have worked that out already

6. Op Int & Spy,

If only sucking up would make a difference to where I sit in the Bn. The PLG are merely inviting comments on Ex GREEN WARRIOR - good and bad. If sucking up was my aim, then I'm clearly running the risk of highlighting lots of negative opinions for all to see.

Ex GREEN WARRIOR is not perfect and everyone involved in it from the CO downwards would probably agree to varying degrees but it is undobtedly a damn sight better than it used be. We've taken a detailed look at what is required of a CI/Sy operator and the Sect in theatre and tried to develop a package which prepares our soldiers in the round.

Whether we've hit the mark or not is for our soldiers to judge and rather than simply accepting the postive comments offered during the exercise, an Arrse thread will, I hope, generate a debate about where we're at with regards to PDT and where we need to be.

Don't be so cynical.

7. I disagree. All an ARRSE thread will do is invite the fat and lazy who didn't want to attend to slag the Ex - as has been done previously.

There is no such thing as a perfect Ex anyway and whether it was any good I can't comment on - not with 2 MI.

If training doesn't hit the mark, this can only be judged after those being trained have done the task they've been trained (or not as the case may be) for. Either way, I would suggest this isn't the forum for such debate. It's rather concerning that we're breeding a Corps of yes men that don't have the moral courage to speak up when something is wrong. Unfortunately those that do are branded as some type of troublemaker (in the main).

Cynical? I prefer realist!

8. [/quote]

I disagree. All an ARRSE thread will do is invite the fat and lazy who didn't want to attend to slag the Ex - as has been done previously.

There is no such thing as a perfect Ex anyway and whether it was any good I can't comment on - not with 2 MI.

If training doesn't hit the mark, this can only be judged after those being trained have done the task they've been trained (or not as the case may be) for. Either way, I would suggest this isn't the forum for such debate. It's rather concerning that we're breeding a Corps of yes men that don't have the moral courage to speak up when something is wrong. Unfortunately those that do are branded a some type of troublemaker (in the main).

Cynical? I prefer realist![/quote]

Op Int & Spy,

A swift response. Difficult to see what your interest is in this thread if you weren't on the Ex and are not on 2 MI Bn's books but I appreciate your views.

Of course, the most credible form of 'ground truthing' comes from those who have recently attended Ex GREEN WARRIOR and have subsequently gone on to complete a HERRICK tour. On each iteration of Ex GW, we have theatre briefs from those either in, or recently returned from, Afghanistan and the writing team also includes those with relevant HERRICK experience.

I disagree with your premise that Arrse is not the forum for such a debate - this is exactly what the Arrse forums are for. Let's engage in a frank debate - no names, no pack drill. In an ideal world we would get the, 'With all due respect Sir/Ma'am, I think this is.....' face to face but it doesn't happen that way.

Moral courage may be an issue for some but at least on Arrse people can have their say anonymously.

PLG

9. I'm in the Intelligence Corps! I have served with the Bn before and hope to again. It does have the best locns in the UK, and Netheravon!

11. Oh goody, another thread where the Int Corps whinge about being forced out of their offices for a week or two, a la previous Concentration Camp threads....

Why hasn´t anyone commented on their "real time commitments" yet? And "when was the last time we had to.... go over an assault cse/fire our gun/get out of bed .... on ops?".

Still, at least the adventure training thread had none of the above and was only a post or two long....

12. From a personal perspective, having sunk over 10 years of my life into 2 MI Bn and its precurrsor, I might ( even as a fat, jack, civvy b@stard,) be forgiven for taking an interest, and perhaps passing comment?

In my day, esprit de corps was not on your 1157, so I kept hold of mine when I left. ( I have some buckshee if you need any )

Sonds like a geat opportunity to round the whole exercise off with an ICA funded smoker and get some of the local ICA Region in?

I know of at least 1 contractor, active in ICAREC, based in the 2 Bde area who would be more than happy to give you a capability-rich proposal for exercise VIGILANT MARSH.
    As the training sponsor you would simply need to outline the objectives, conditions, performance and standards.

14. And if that is your perception of what pre deployment training should comprise, then IMHO, it is probably just as well that you are no longer in a position to influence what is/is not included in the training programme.

15. Exactly what world are you living in?

Sorry to dispel another myth, but the only elms of the Bn that were on the Ex, as per the last 18 months, were those deploying and those essential to deliver the trg.