2 LSR moving from Germany?

Im busy getting my driving license's at leconfield and i've had a welcome pack from 2LSR which was one of my choices anyways but ive heard a rumor that they will be moving to Scotland in 2013 sometime.

Is this true and if so whereabouts in Scotland will they be going?

Im busy getting my driving license's at leconfield and i've had a welcome pack from 2LSR which was one of my choices anyways but ive heard a rumor that they will be moving to Scotland in 2013 sometime.

Is this true and if so whereabouts in Scotland will they be going?
I didn't think Bicester was in Scotland.................

Enjoy germany while it lasts...... its wont exist soon

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
Strangely, I thought that Germany would continue to exist, it was just that the British Army presence there won't after 2020.

Blimey not heard that one, might have to speak with a few people, would be funny if they did, and it ain't likely to be Bicester, no room to place a Sqn in never mind an entire Regt....

Blimey not heard that one, might have to speak with a few people, would be funny if they did, and it ain't likely to be Bicester, no room to place a Sqn in never mind an entire Regt....
There's no room in PRB for 3 Regt's of f*cking Loggies but they are still inflicted on the rest of us ;-)

I was at 16 Regt RAOC - my first posting......???

When the chunks get the sack in the near future that should free up some spaces.

Be interesting in Ambrosden, already little Fiji ;)

Wont have to worry about them lowering the value of the place.....

When the chunks get the sack in the near future that should free up some spaces.
I think 11 Regt has eyes on that. A move has been in the pipeline for years.

I think 11 Regt has eyes on that. A move has been in the pipeline for years.
Any particular reason why they would want to move there?

HQ is currently on prime real estate. Didcot is desirable!

Long time since I was at Bicester, but there were many very large storage sites dispersed over a very large area. Have these now been sold off?
I recall some talk of a 'super garrison' a few years back.

Long time since I was at Bicester, but there were many very large storage sites dispersed over a very large area. Have these now been sold off?
I recall some talk of a 'super garrison' a few years back.
A couple of sites have been sold off (or leased/rented) there is a business park on one and there were plans for an asylum centre one another (the latter going down like a shit sandwich with the locals). But its still a massive storage area.

Cheers stacker. I served at Bicester late 80s, and helped move 2CS (2LSR) into Gutersloh.
St Georges would be too small to house a LSR without a major rebuild.

Cheers stacker. I served at Bicester late 80s, and helped move 2CS (2LSR) into Gutersloh.
St Georges would be too small to house a LSR without a major rebuild.
The new Sgts mess is nearly complete, at least its a start ;)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
GSSigs RLC 13
KnightsofRowallan RLC 18
BaggyInBlack RLC 39