• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

2 LSR moving from Germany?

Im busy getting my driving license's at leconfield and i've had a welcome pack from 2LSR which was one of my choices anyways but ive heard a rumor that they will be moving to Scotland in 2013 sometime.

Is this true and if so whereabouts in Scotland will they be going?

Im busy getting my driving license's at leconfield and i've had a welcome pack from 2LSR which was one of my choices anyways but ive heard a rumor that they will be moving to Scotland in 2013 sometime.

Is this true and if so whereabouts in Scotland will they be going?
I didn't think Bicester was in Scotland.................

Blimey not heard that one, might have to speak with a few people, would be funny if they did, and it ain't likely to be Bicester, no room to place a Sqn in never mind an entire Regt....

Blimey not heard that one, might have to speak with a few people, would be funny if they did, and it ain't likely to be Bicester, no room to place a Sqn in never mind an entire Regt....
Long time since I was at Bicester, but there were many very large storage sites dispersed over a very large area. Have these now been sold off?
I recall some talk of a 'super garrison' a few years back.

Long time since I was at Bicester, but there were many very large storage sites dispersed over a very large area. Have these now been sold off?
I recall some talk of a 'super garrison' a few years back.
A couple of sites have been sold off (or leased/rented) there is a business park on one and there were plans for an asylum centre one another (the latter going down like a shit sandwich with the locals). But its still a massive storage area.

Cheers stacker. I served at Bicester late 80s, and helped move 2CS (2LSR) into Gutersloh.
St Georges would be too small to house a LSR without a major rebuild.

Latest Threads