2 Iraqi men acquitted of RMP 6 Murders in MAK 2003.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Howayman, Oct 10, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. That's the latest headline on breaking news. More details to follow.

BBC now state that Hamza Hateer and Mussa Ismael al Fartusi were acquitted at Baghdad's central criminal court.

It is understood one Iraqi is to be detained for further investigation over suspicions he used a soldier's gun. The other has been released.
  2. This can't rate as a big surprise, following the way in which the Iraqi Authorities have conducted themselves.

It will be interesting to hear what (if any) involvement British representatives had in witnessing proceedings, following the refusal to allow family members to be in court.

Incidentally howayman, 24 June 2003, not May.
  3. jim24

jim24 Book Reviewer

My Cardiff/Iraqi taxi driver last night, told me that they are considered as freedom fighters now the British have pulled out, and there was no way they would be found guilty
  4. It's a bloody good thing we've got these taxi drivers to give us their expert opinions on the interworkings of the Iraqi state, don't know what we'd do without them.
  5. jim24

jim24 Book Reviewer

Well I don't read Arabic, but my Taxi driver does,and you can get Iraqi newspapers on the internet now,I always like to see both sides of the story,not just the made up one in the Sun
  6. Sounds a bit like allowing the Germans to conduct the Nuremburg war crimes trial.
  7. jim24

jim24 Book Reviewer

Nothing new, the Indian troops that fought for the Crown were treated as second class citizens after Indian independence but the ones who fought with the Japanese against the Crown were given better pensions
  8. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

I was wondering if Mr Shiner was defending these two. It seems that he wasn't - he is just acting for those accused of killing SSgt Cullingworth and Spr Allsopp in Az Zubayr in 2003 and the "victims" in the Danny boy battle in 2004. I wonder how he sleeps at night..??
  9. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

No Sven you wouldn't.
  10. Did anyone actually really expect justice in this case? What a shame our so called government hadn't insisted on the same level of zeal in bringing these murdering Iraqi scum to justice that they applied when hounding usually innocent British soldiers, often on the flimsiest of "Evidence".

The only way we will see any justice against these b*stards is if our glorious leaders had the balls to pass sentence by Drone... but as our political classes are bereft of any morals whatsoever, then we just have to accept that the redcaps and the rest of our fallen in Iraq died for nothing more than Blairs personal vanity and Browns incompetence.
  11. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Both their incompetence.

Blair got wood in 2000 in Sierra Leone, a relatively simple military problem, gobbed off at by Africans who were too stupid to realise that taking on a professional army was endex. Bouyed by that he thought military solutions were the bees knees, idiot.

What followed in Iraq and Afghanistan was fuelled by his lack of intelligence and commanders lack of courage to tell the truth that the military was not a simple solution.
  12. It was a joke referring to this. I see it went over your head. I'm not Sven.
  13. All I have to say is that this disgraceful, horrible verdict does not shock me. Hell, in a few years time, all the sons of bitches responsible for the deaths of the Red Caps will get "Hero of the Glorious Resistance Medal" or some such shit like that. I await the complete breakdown of Iraqi so-called civil society once the last Western troops leave that shit-hole with interest. Should be entertaining and worthy of a few beers and bags of popcorn to enjoy while watching the scum rip each other apart.

14. IIRC Valerie Plame Wilson claimed after leaving the CIA that an Iraqi taxi driver WAS their top HUMINT source. It’s just a shame he was a drunken liar. A real ‘Taylor of Panama’ cluster****. So if they are good enough for the CIA they must be good enough for ARRSE!