2 Gurkha's Killed in Afghanistan

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Mr_d, Oct 30, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. RIP guys.

I don't envy the next gang of Terry that contacts the Bn they will be for the chop.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

Article makes the point (rather quietly) that we mustn't appear to withdraw of our own volition, we must be seen to be forced out by 'victorious' locals. Like Aden. What a waste.
  3. RIP boys.

Damn cowardly mother****ing underhanded sneaky ungentlemanly bastard Taliban cnuts!
    • Like Like x 1
  4. I don't understand this 'Green on Blue' classification, and I don't think it helps describe what is going on. It gives the impression that 'Green' forces, ie those representing the Afghan state, are turning round and killing 'Blue' force members, implying a murderous rift between the two where none actually exists. If a Talib joins the ANA or whatever under false pretences with the intention of causing havoc then he isn't 'Green' then, is he? And equally, if a previously loyal policeman returns from leave as a sudden convert to the terrorists' side then he's no longer 'Green' either. If a Talib dressed as a US soldier brassed up a British checkpoint no-one would describe it as a Blue on Blue. If the attacker is pro Talib then it's plain old terrorism/enemy action, and if it's for personal reasons because someone has abused his goat then it's murder. I just don't think it helps.
    • Like Like x 6
  5. I agree. Will you explain that to the media or shall I?
  6. ..and some people think we should get rid of the RGR because they "are a burden". Hmmmmm...perhaps they should think again.

Ayo Gurkhali!!!
    • Like Like x 1
  7. RIP: when will terry learn that messing with those guys is dangerous??
  8. which is why its being 'rebranded' as 'the insider threat'
  9. That'll help.

I'm stumped, however, as to what it will help with.

Sure as shooting it won't help the families of these two.

That was no way to go.
  10. to be fair, its more than rebranding...its being treated as seriously as IED threat was 5 yrs ago and it is no longer acceptable to refer to this as just another GoB incident.
  11. Rest easy brave warriors.

Ayo Gurkhali
  12. I am curious. In the Brit AO:

When was the first of these incidents?
    How many have occurred?
    With what frequency?

The Press picks these incidents up, toys with them for 24 hours, then walks away.

Why would they care (as long as they sell a few more papers)?

But I genuinely do not know how serious (let alone how endemic) is this problem, let alone whether it is on the increase.
  13. HHH

HHH LE

If you read this list, it gives you the causes of all British deaths.

BBC News - UK military deaths in Afghanistan: Full list
  14. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

I have twice posted a link on Arrse to the study undertaken by a US Army Phd half colonel on the 'Green on Blue' issue. DoD tried to get it classified after it appeared on the web - but last knock it was still available online in Library of Congress .

Interesting train reading.....

See if I can find the link again...wait out.

Third time lucky...here y'go

Rest In Peace fellers

No nation had Truer friends...