2 GIs MIA After Checkpoint Attack

Where was this? do you have any other information, was it on the news..I must have missed it if it was :(

RIP

Bad state of affairs, hope the two guys were able to bug out as hoped.

RIP

I dont believe that anyone could have foreseen this tactic, truly terrifying but hopefully its been rehearsed and Actions on rehearsed.prayers and thoughts to the missing

RIP the man killed

RIP

I'm worried sick about the two missing soldiers.

Update:

Witnesses supposedly report seeing the two soldiers taken prisoner by masked insurgents, and driven away in two cars.
Having problems inserting link, but the story can be found on abc.com.

Hope they find them, soon.

I think I have found the link you are on about, hope this helps with everyone else who would like to know. :)

Hope something comes of this in a good way!

Its seems that a three man team was left behind as the others tore of in Humvees going after the bunch of insurgents which made the inital contact. When the humvees left, a second group of insurgents attacked the checkpoint, killing one and apparently abducting the other two troops.

Wha_Dar said:
Its seems that a three man team was left behind as the others tore of in Humvees going after the bunch of insurgents which made the inital contact. When the humvees left, a second group of insurgents attacked the checkpoint, killing one and apparently abducting the other two troops.
Thanks, if that is what happened, seems a more understandable sequence of events. (And I suggest, let's not bother at this time with helpful critiques of the tactics and decisions involved.)

I deeply regret the reported death, and share everyone else's concern for the two reported missing comrades.

RIP the fallen soldier.

I am sure the US (and any other forces in the area) are moving every rock and shaking every tree to find the two MIAs. God help them, I wouldn't want to be in their shoes, and God help the insurgents when they are found Uncle Sam isn't very understanding of people taking his soldiers.