2 Girls in Peru - Innocent victims or drug smugglers?

Yes I laughed my socks off! OK it really is a holiday destination for muslims, KSA pulls down a ton of money from the pilgrims coming for Hajj, the whole area around the kabbalah is now first class luxury hotels.
Then I read about some hare brained scheme to turn one of the beach areas (in the middle of nowhere) into a Western style tourist resort, including alcohol! This is on par with a plan to turn one of the mountains near Dubai, which gets literally a dusting of snow a couple of days in winter, into a ski playground :) Seriously all the money they have goes to their heads in more weird and wonderful ways to spend it.
I thought the idea was that they were trying to plan for when the oil runs out.

I thought the idea was that they were trying to plan for when the oil runs out.
Dubai are certainly doing that, they have hardly any oil anyway, Abu Dhabi has the money. For Dubai 30% of their GDP comes from the airport but only 20% of pax get out of the airport, for the rest its a staging post. Dubai have been building hotels and theme parks like crazy in an attempt to attract tourists. There is even a Koran World :)

KSA? Meh!

Bahrain. Drunk Saudis getting locked up.
Prostitutes of all prices, colours and persuasion infesting the hotel bars.
“Battle of the Bands” where the queue outside was full of black-clad, mobile letter boxes, which were dropped the moment they went indoors to reveal some very minimal clothing.
Affordable until the F1 w*nkers turned up when it became a complete nightmare and landlords would try to bin you to get two month’s rent for two weeks let.

Dubai are certainly doing that, they have hardly any oil anyway, Abu Dhabi has the money. For Dubai 30% of their GDP comes from the airport but only 20% of pax get out of the airport, for the rest its a staging post. Dubai have been building hotels and theme parks like crazy in an attempt to attract tourists. There is even a Koran World :)
I looked at a return flight to Cambodia via Dubai. Then I tried just to Dubai and back with the same dates. The latter was more expensive than the former.
Maybe if they sorted that out, they might attract more tourists.

Don't the Arabs prefer the girls to have a bit of meat on them as opposed to the slim leggy ones. They used to like the fat chicks with bottle blonde hair. They would feel right at home in Hayes, West London.

Is this some sort of magic tree?
The big girls in Bangkok were often Modolvan or Ukrainian etc. They served the Arabic clientele at or around the Grace Hotel at Soi 3 on Sukhumvit, the bar of which was known locally as ‘the bar from Star Wars’ because of its denizens.

The Thai term for working girl is ‘chicken’. So naturally the bigger girls became known as ‘turkeys’.

The Thai term for working girl is ‘chicken’. So naturally the bigger girls became known as ‘turkeys’.
I've known some NAAFI ostriches.

Showing your age a bit now. They haven't been called 'Air hostesses' since the Seventies when it was a job for posh middle class girls who were dim but good looking and only rich people could afford to fly.

Flight attendant is the official term now I believe for what we now call 'Trolley Dolleys'.
I think you'll find that we have just done the full circle and are back where we started , flyingwise .

Maybe it's like the old Cold War days , and they all work for the KGB , or whatever they call it these days ?

A colleague of mine did a battlefield tour of Stalingrad. He said that they came back from their first day of the tour (hosted by a veteran of the campaign) to find their hotel swarming with razor-cheeked, sylph-like hookers. The battlefield tour group all rushed to their (respective) bedrooms with their Beevor books (no pun intended) on Stalingrad to gen up for the following day's tour, and no-one stayed down in the bar area.

After three days of this, the pimps clearly realised they were losing money hand over fist as on the group's return to the hotel, the supermodel stable had all gone and were replaced with a rather raddled-looking babushka catching up with her knitting in the lobby!

Lacking Moral Fibre

War Hero
Book Reviewer
A colleague of mine did a battlefield tour of Stalingrad. He said that they came back from their first day of the tour (hosted by a veteran of the campaign) to find their hotel swarming with razor-cheeked, sylph-like hookers. The battlefield tour group all rushed to their (respective) bedrooms with their Beevor books (no pun intended) on Stalingrad to gen up for the following day's tour, and no-one stayed down in the bar area.

After three days of this, the pimps clearly realised they were losing money hand over fist as on the group's return to the hotel, the supermodel stable had all gone and were replaced with a rather raddled-looking babushka catching up with her knitting in the lobby!

Ah I've always wanted to go to Stalingrad, what was the tour and the modern city like?

exsniffer

Old-Salt
Bahrain. Drunk Saudis getting locked up.
Prostitutes of all prices, colours and persuasion infesting the hotel bars.
“Battle of the Bands” where the queue outside was full of black-clad, mobile letter boxes, which were dropped the moment they went indoors to reveal some very minimal clothing.
Affordable until the F1 w*nkers turned up when it became a complete nightmare and landlords would try to bin you to get two month’s rent for two weeks let.
The joy of the causeway on a Thursday evening

The joy of the causeway on a Thursday evening
Not a problem if you can go in the "special" lane complete with bloke offering you coffee on a tray after you go through the toll booth!

Not a problem if you can go in the "special" lane complete with bloke offering you coffee on a tray after you go through the toll booth!
But you need to be in a Bintley.

Latest Threads