2 Girls in Peru - Innocent victims or drug smugglers?

In general the cops have zero interest in foreigners. Until you do stupid stuff, like shagging in a taxi, going naked on the beach, walking down the road pissed and gobbing off at people. Once you have successfully attracted their attention then they'll throw everything in the book at you. Keep your head down you will not have any problems, it's not difficult.
What about wnaking in front of Police women ? (asking for a mate)

Issi

War Hero
I'm loving the 'bread and water' bit.
I'm surprised her family haven't claimed that she's been forced to wear a pair of pyjamas with black arrows on them.
But apart from that, her story seems entirely plausible.

Chef

LE
In general the cops have zero interest in foreigners. Until you do stupid stuff, like shagging in a taxi, going naked on the beach, walking down the road pissed and gobbing off at people. Once you have successfully attracted their attention then they'll throw everything in the book at you. Keep your head down you will not have any problems, it's not difficult.
My BiL spent a while in Dubai playing with a band. One of the people they knew was involved in a collision when a local shot the red light. He however was held responsible. When my BiL commented on it. It was explained to him that traffic lights were for the foreigners and if there was an accident it was their fault as they obviously weren't paying attention.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
My BiL spent a while in Dubai playing with a band. One of the people they knew was involved in a collision when a local shot the red light. He however was held responsible. When my BiL commented on it. It was explained to him that traffic lights were for the foreigners and if there was an accident it was their fault as they obviously weren't paying attention.
And that's why, when the oil runs out, they deserve to go back to being an irrelevance.

Le_addeur_noir

On ROPS
On ROPs
Do HR at Emirates explain to potential staff that the legal system bears absolutely no resemblance to that of liberal western democracies ?
I've only been there twice on stop overs , and that was long enough for me .
As I understand it , in any dispute or altercation with a local you are automatically guilty and the police don't like to be bothered with complaints by foreigners , so arrest them on trumped up charges instead .
That's what probably happened here . The sex got rough , she called the cops and they found the drugs
I don't care how good the pay is , I simply wouldn't live there .
The accused's pictures suggest she's a vacuous , fragile little flower who had no idea what she was letting herself in for .
I spent quite a bit of time working in the far east and flying Emirates a lot a number of years ago.

The UAE and Qatar are about the least nasty of the Arabs, and I wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them. They don't like foreigners from west of the Gulf, and as for those from east of the Gulf, total and utter contempt and disdain.

And the ragheads are about as racist as they come.

Funny I don't see the communist traitor left in the west raising the issue.

Last edited:

Le_addeur_noir

On ROPS
On ROPs
I suppose the Guardian and assorted Scouse Lab MP's will suddenly think it is a good idea again to send a gunboat?
Only if she is not white.

So it looks like no support from the Graun or the Labour Party.

anglo

LE
I spent quite a bit of time working in the far east and flying Emirates a lot a number of years ago.

The UAE and Qatar are about the least nasty of the Arabs, and I wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them. They don't like foreigners from west of the Gulf, and as for those from east of the Gulf, total and utter contempt and disdain.

How many times must you be told, it's not a rag on their head, it's a sheet.
They're Sheetheads :rolleyes:

Imagine how skinny she is now with all that bread and water.

I would imagine that after a month in prison she smells like a tramps underpants too.
I would imagine that the prison guards have turned her fanny into something resembling BAEs windtunnel

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
The last time I was in Dubai it was a Protectorate and we were in charge. I still have a photo somewhere of the Creek when the only signs of inhabitation were huts and dhows.

Thats good, because it doesn't come close to My opinion of arabs. And its nothing to do with islam. Having worked in the region in the passed, they are the most revolting ,contemptible bunch of Canutes it has ever been My misfortune to meet. ;)

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer

Latest Threads