2 British Soldiers injured in Basra

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by spike7451, May 20, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

2. Nasty stuff. Best wishes for full and speedy recoveries.
  3. Get well soon guys.
  4. It's one of those awful heart in mouth moments.

Let's hope the injuries are as minor as stated, and the guys get well as soon as possible.
  5. Best wishes for a speedy recovery
  6. Hope all recover swiftly.
  7. Chip up lads, get well soon.

8. God luck and get well soon
  9. I saw a really nasty photo of the incident in progress that went out from the AP. The good news is that it looked as though the damage was mainly in the back of the vehicle, so there's a good chance that the injuries really were minor. I really hope they're ok. Get well soon guys.
  10. Found this on the net.

"All of what is happening in Iraq brings to mind a strong phrase once said by T E Lawrence, the legendary British colonel who helped the Arabs in their war against the Ottoman Empire during World War I. It has been repeated and remembered today in some British dailies, because it is a mirror image of Iraq in 2006. Lawrence wrote an article in The Sunday Times on August 22, 1920, about the British role in Iraq, saying:
    The people of England have been led in Mesopotamia into a trap from which it will be hard to escape with dignity and honor. Things have been far worse than we have been told, our administration more bloody and inefficient than the public knows. It is a disgrace to our imperial record, and may soon be too inflamed for any ordinary cure. We are today not far from a disaster.
    Ninety years later, given the events in Basra, the British are once again in "a trap from which it will be hard to escape without dignity and honor".

Thank You Oh Dear Leader.
  11. Chins up guys, speedy recovery.
  12. Get well quickly guys
  13. Get well soon guys