2 birds 1 stone

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Punk_trooper, Apr 27, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Two questions for you knowledgable peeps.

1:Im sitting with my DR tomorrow to fill my med forms in, can i drop it off in person or do i have to post it???

2: I know my ADSC is going to be at lichfield and i know the earliest train from my location gets there at about 10.45am so will i be required to arrive the night before??

Thanks y'all
    8)

2. 1. No, your med forms are retained by your doctor until payment has been recieved for them to be completed. Once payment has been recieved they are then released and posted back to your AFCO or whatever its called now.

2. Again no, but if you have to be there before 10.45 as I imagine you will have to, then perhaps ensure you are, i.e a lift or taxi?

Hope this helps mate. Im currently re-enlisting and much of the usual admin paperwork bollox has'nt changed.

Dan

3. Its so fricken irritating the whole admin side, why cant there be a security check then do all the med bollox at ADSC or make a week course before ADSC compulsory, id rather be being physically tested than all this paperwork, i might see if i can blag me doc to let me take the form (shes always really nice to blokes lol)

4. If your talking about the medical questionnaire you pick up to go to get your doctor to fill in then it must vary, because I booked an appointment with my doctor the day after when his practice had finished. This enabled me to get them filled in straight away so that I could get them in the same day. As for your last question sorry matey no idea, but being that you have been given two different answers for one question means that I would suggest you give your Army careers Advisor a call so that you can get them all answered via the horses mouth, so to speak.

5. I ahve the letter that we were given from our briefing for lichfield selection. It says be at the station for between 10:30 - 11:15. ALso i thyink you can pick up meds from doc's once they have filled them out and hand in person. Depending on your doc that is.

6. Where aew you coming from? You may want to get up a lot earlier in the morning to get to lichfield. Was there end of last week, and a few of the lads who turned up around 11 where ripped into big style!

7. the bad thing is the earliest train from this area will arrive at 10.45, its just the way it is, ill speak to my advisor about going the day before, ive read about people doing that before, thanks for the input all!!

:)

8. Does anyone know where you get the army opticians form from? I didnt get one with my med forms, just wodered if you had to get them direct from the opticians? I imagine that the recruitment office just forgot to include it?

9. Recruitment office. They forgot mine too, but no big deal, just a trip back down there and then off to the opticians