2 battalion...

Discussion in 'REME' started by Dannysmith.25, Feb 20, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hamburgs just 45mins away and the pink-house is just outside the front gate
  2. Pink-house? Some sort of brothel?
  3. Danny,

Don't expect all responses to be fully serious on here. You might get some informed and helpful responses if you are lucky

The initial responder cites Hamburg due to the Reeperbahn I suspect and the Pink House for a similar reason - which you have already tumbled to.

Life in Fally will be what you make it.
  4. General 'Camp' Life...only a Tech could ask that!!
    Germany in general is full of Germans, beer, whorehouses and Turks......as a Tech you will not be interested in any of them unless you fancy a Turk boyfriend!
    Work Load......PAT testing, brew making and guard duties.....Tech Sprog.

Any other details.....don't upset the Black Hand Gang (BHG)...never drink with the Recy Mech's until they at least recognise you as a lesser, NEVER think because your a Lance Jack that your better than any BHG Crafty.....if you do prepare for the beatings to begin.

Enjoy....get out and see Europe, especially southern Germany, Italy and Switzerland.....Don't feel like you have to buy a brand new car tax free, use your money to enjoy life and not be tied to a debt..( thats the parent in me!)
    • Like Like x 2
  5. yeah i was going to take everything with a pinch of salt like but just wondering for a generalised view on the base
  6. Hamburg is now over an hour away unless you need to collect some points on your licence. In the other direction and not quite so far you have Hannover with it's multiple eros centre staircases. You can batter a few scientologists or get battered by the Hells Angels there!

There are a few pad shagging venues in the "toon" but it's a bit like Tombstone without the Earps, the graveyard is the liveliest place in town.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Hey Cha-Cha's was great!
  8. Life must have changed since I was Land Systems ASM. Craftys used to get their posting then be told to give me & the instructors a lecturette on it before leaving the compound.

Saved starting bone fecking threads on here.............
  9. Sparky

Getting a bit fretful in your old age mate ;-)

As for Fallingrad, as has been mentioned it is what you make it. Had four good years there as a pad 90-94, even played two seasons for the local over 30's team, very social affair.

10. The Boar
    The Copper Kettle
    Cha Cha's

Repeat til fade......................
  11. Many happy memories playing Schock in the corner of Cafe Fox.
  12. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Copper Kettle has closed the last I heard.

Loved Fally spent 6 great years there.
  13. Copper Kettle closed? Thats sad news.
  14. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Apparently it closed awhile ago. Many a happy night spent there.

Do miss La Trattoria though.