2 and 5 Rifles Relocating?

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by We8villa, Nov 29, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just read on the army facebook page, admittably by someone probably not even started itc, that 2 rifles going to aldershot and 5 rifles moving out of Germany can anyone shed any light on this? will 5 rifles still be armoured and use warriors?

2. Fella i dont now about all that, however i do know you dont get to choose which battalion you get definately posted too.

3. Not for another few years yet I'm afraid.

4. I knew that yea I'm not fussed where they send me to be honest cheers for the reply

5. But it is happening? I doesn't affect me yet I'm just getting clued up before I start basic in jan cheers for the reply

6. well dont worry about it mate as most of the time rifles will be armoured and you will learn to hate track bashing and being dirty dismount just enjoy basic and worry about bn life when u get there

7. There's been rumours going around for a while but until it's been confirmed then just treat them for what they are, gossip. If it does happen then great because Paderborn is ****, but it will take ages to happen i reckon.

8. how can u say paderborn is **** i was there as a green jacket its brill time and the night life well tingle tangels all the way lol

9. Just my opinion, i think it's sh1t.

10. 2 rifles are in Ballykinler until at least 2020 dunno about 5 yet we have also been briefed to expect to lose a Bn after herrick finishes, and 2 RGJ bloke only 5 Rifles is armoured so I doubt he will be track bashing as the other 4 Bn's are light role.

11. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

If 5 Rifles go that blows out of the water the LI Colonels mitigation for 1LI becoming 5 Rifles "That future reductions would not see removal of a Warrior equipped Bn from the Orbat".
    Kind off kicks you in the nads really although I doubt that many former 1LI lads from before the loss of the 3rd Bn are still left serving and least of all in 5 Rifles!
    Still no money and no wars so no need eh?

12. Bloody hell, how long do you reckon it'll take the bean counters to whittle it down to a four-battalion (3 reg + 1 TA) regiment?

13. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

5 years max!

14. Just what the 'shot needs I reckon.