2 - 3 minute icebreaker at Selection

Hi Can anyone tell me what i need to talk about .ie the 2 - 3 minute icebreaker at selection as i have no idea what to talk about

Its not much to worry about i did it a few months ago. You Just have to talk for a few minutes about why you want to join the part of the army you applied for. your family, hobbies etc.

Good luck

alansoap said:
Its not much to worry about i did it a few months ago. You Just have to talk for a few minutes about why you want to join the part of the army you applied for. your family, hobbies etc.

Good luck

Cheers mate..

you could always try the one abuot the Military being too militant in their approach and replacing all weapons with safer versions that don't hurt anybody and how all this saluting and calling people Sir is too elitist and we should replace heirachical structures with a dynamic skill based approach.

You might get some nasty looks from the staff but don't worry about it, they are just testing your confidence and ability to speak your mind......

hiya, i had to go through it in april. just talk about yourself and let everyone know what your hobbies, etc are. it doesn't hurt to prepare beforehand but you don't want to sound as though you've prepared a speech

best of luck

alex_the_great said:
hiya, i had to go through it in april. just talk about yourself and let everyone know what your hobbies, etc are. it doesn't hurt to prepare beforehand but you don't want to sound as though you've prepared a speech

best of luck
Thanx

Don't do what I saw one fella doing, talking about not owning an ant farm for the first time that year!? It was as odd as it sounds! Strangely enough he didn't get binned.

Wench3000 said:
Don't do what I saw one fella doing, talking about not owning an ant farm for the first time that year!? It was as odd as it sounds! Strangely enough he didn't get binned.
Cheers.

I know some people can be right arse holes here.

Wench3000 said:
Rather like the bloke on my RCB who did his lecturette via the medium of a glove puppet...today he is a colonel in the RLC and still as mad as a bag of frogs on a hotplate.

The basic format should be. Home life/family, school and education, sports, hobbies and interests, your job choice, why you chose it, what it involves, basic and trade training.

the only other persons speech i remember apart fom my own was from a kid who talked about his family.

his brother was in prison for murdering his sister. and his dad had a history of violence too. he was a really pale looking lad with 2 different coloured pupils, timid as a rabbit and funny as fcuk. listening to his story as he said it so matter-of-factly was an eye opener.

try not to dwell on the details, people get bored quickly. no one wants to hear about how our pet dog escaped last summer. they want to know if you have a fit sister who puts out.

hope this helps

Do these things have to be true?

If it is only a measure of your confidence is it ok to go off on a ntagent and wax lyrical about unrelated things - in a coherent and eloquent manner.

Or do you have to stick to truth?

Its a piece of pish matey, they have little prompt board aswell so if you get stuck you just glance at that and carry on. A lad who was on my selection(I say lad, he was about 25!), hardly spoke English, I think he was Indian but said that he was Portugese or something, anyhow he rattled of a load of gibberish that no one could understand, so the Corporal told him to start again at which point the bloke got really panicky and just started repeating the word 'Inflantry' followed by 'I am Inflantry'!(**** knows how he got past the recruiting office stage!), I was fuc*ing doubled up at the back in stitches with a lad from Africa who was giggling like a little b*tch both trying to hide behind the row in front of us. In the end the Corporal just looked up from his clipboard and roared "Next". Hilarious. Trust me Bad_Cat, however bad you think yours might be, someone else will stand up to do their Ice-Breaker and just stare into space before bursting into tears. You'll love it.

Latest Threads