2-1 Entrance Exam

So how did people find the exam today, any points from any trades

Tech exam was easy looking back at it, but I'm pretty sure i failed! I went into mong mode on the opening question and it didn't get much better from there on. DOH! Time for a re-trade I think.

Mong Tech.

i found it quite easily, they had put it on a table with my name on :)

as for the exam, it wasnt as hard as i had imagined, the 2-1 i did was a great preperation :meditate:

Heh, I remember coming out of mine last year thinking id nailed it, even checked my precis after and was well confident.

I was rather shocked a few weeks later to find I'd only got 84 and 78%....

with regard to that last comment, dont u think u should be able to see your test paper afterwards, see where you dropped your marks.
Who is actually marking these test papers??? Are they competent???
Are the test papers double checked???
It is our carreers at the end of the day.

Can't remember wheter I got to see my paper afterwards, don't think I did.

Thats why you get a candidate number and your name doesn't go on it so that can't (or shouldn't) hapeen.

Not at all Puma, I am not 100% sure who actually marks them, but I think it is actually the instructors of Blandford, not the YofS/FofS course. They have more than enough to do.

Whoever marks them, there is no possibility of them knowing you and having "personality issues". I take it you haven't taken the Exam, in any trade, for you not to know this. You do not get to see your paper again.

i took the exam (twice)
been so long ago i forgot you got a number and your name was not used
memory not as good as it once was
what were we talking about again??

i found paper two pretty hard, but im pretty sure i nailed the first one.

this was my second attempt... hope somebody with a sense of humour or pity marks mine. :)

anyone else find that due to the nature of the questions on paper 2 there were alot of hands being raised asking to define the question better.
we had at least half of the people struggling to understand what the question was asking.

Did anyone do the IS Eng, how did they find it, I got caught out on 1 question, but im sure i dropped more marks here and there.

The RS and AS papers were the easiest I have seen for quite a few years. I think this was backed up by the fact that the majority of candidates left after about 45 minutes on both parts. I dont know about the other trade papers though.

The YofS and FofS courses do not mark the 2-1 papers at Blandford. There is an exams wing that are responsible for marking all the papers. They are marked twice by examiners and then both results checked by a third person for any descrepancies.

daveparky119 said:
Did anyone do the IS Eng, how did they find it, I got caught out on 1 question, but im sure i dropped more marks here and there.
Virtual girlfriends are better than real ones. Discuss. (20 points)

jewboy999 said:
as for the exam, it wasnt as hard as i had imagined, the 2-1 i did was a great preperation :meditate:
Good on you, young Jedi. Perhaps your horoscope tells of many months ahead in deepest, darkest Dorset. I hear it's far better than Florida.

PD
Florida was just some sick atempt by a leaving OPsO to gain some friends at their leaving do :shakefist: i found out from my YoS later that i was never going there :frustrated: however i get to stay and run with the SFT that is ongoing :thumleft: What joy, lond days and short nights aplenty :)

Dave PM me and let me know how you found the exam and we can discuss where we may have dropped some marks

Kopfkaser said:
The RS and AS papers were the easiest I have seen for quite a few years. I think this was backed up by the fact that the majority of candidates left after about 45 minutes on both parts. I dont know about the other trade papers though.

The YofS and FofS courses do not mark the 2-1 papers at Blandford. There is an exams wing that are responsible for marking all the papers. They are marked twice by examiners and then both results checked by a third person for any descrepancies.
its only easy if you know the answers! first one was easy agreed, i left on the half hour but the second one nobody left untill the hour mark had gone atleast!

jewboy999 said:
however i get to stay and run with the SFT that is ongoing :thumleft: Wat joy, lond days and short nights aplenty :)
If you went to the other Cormorant unit you'd be able to learn from the experts and you'd be almost finished all the serials. :thumleft:

Mmmmm mabey so,
but if my boss was here to guide us, give us moral support and be his IS godly self , we may have finished but theres not that many IS here, :frustrated: theres only 5 Fully trained IS people here, 1 snco 1 jnco 3 sigs and 1 of them is an O2 skin thief that needs to wash :pukel: (Plz dont ask It's a whole other story).
It is so bad here we all miss the Boss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The IS Ski Geek is very much missed here :worship:

where im at we have only got 6 IS the rest is RAF and Navy, its good work though and no Army Shit, jus very technical.
Yeah i rem most of the questions and dont think i dropped much, but with Blandford you never know :headbang:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
jumpinjarhead Armed Forces Jokes 47
K Royal Signals 3
K Royal Signals 22