1st Time in Afgan H19

Discussion in 'Military Clothing & Boots' started by Army Reserve CATSP, Nov 4, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I know Im going to get all sorts of replys...but, what kit if any should I look to purchase for Afgan.

2. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

A divers mask & fins for your time off.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

A year long subscription to Razzle should be high on your list.
    • Like Like x 2
  4. What's your role?
  5. Its not my first tour...but its been sometime! my role will be a mix of badmin and out on the ground (log)
  6. A Burkha so you can sneak up on the *******.
  7. In that case, shorts, t shirt, lightweight trainers and spare shuttlecocks.
    • Like Like x 3
  8. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

You're allowed to take some Bolivian cuttlefish.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. you forgot flip flops and dish dash....from speaking to some of our guys recently back, you seem to get most equip through the system (unlike 2003)
  10. Yip!
  11. Your field kit as issued will be more than enough for your outings past the wire. You will want extra PT kit, ie shorts and shirts and the small issued towels are useful for Gym duty (depending on base - towels are a necessity for gyms). If you want to phys every day then the extra kit will even out the sometimes uneven laundry service. You will also want a device to play the odd DVD - Id advise a laptop but portable DVD players may work for you. Don't forget a few coat hangers. Do take all your Osprey kit - customise when you get out rather than relying on advice at Chilwell or unit. Take an extra, small wet kit bag for when you are out and if possible stock it with the travel size variety of toiletries.
    Should you find you have deployed without your favourite fluffy hand-cuffs or are in need of an extra large watch......AMAZON will be your friend.
  12. Sorry, should have said THIS TRIBE will be your friend......(do I get a medal for that?)
  13. Negligent-Discharge

Negligent-Discharge LE Book Reviewer

Err, a return ticket?
  14. One 8 foot Nordic Spruce c/w baubles. lights, tinsel.
    A great big bag of snow.
    Our best wishes.
    • Like Like x 1