1st-Tier Tribunal War & Pension

Dblock001

Swinger
Hello all
I received an email last month reference my two injury claim cases that are I won against the MOD. I had to write to the First-Tier Tribunal war and pension armed Forces Compensation Chamber to represent my cases. One claim i received GIP at 30% even though i was diagnosed 2012 and had been going through treatment up now. The AFCS awarded that as my PTSD mental condition is not permanent even though I'm still struggling thats 10 years now and on medication and just finished my treatment in May 2021.
I have got cervical spinal injury suffering from chronic pains affecting my physiological mental state that was due to the service, went to the tribunal in 2017 I was awarded level 14 for pain and suffering not the physiological damage connection which im struggling with.

I have sent some documents to the tribunal case worker, I'm still waiting to hear from them. The thing is my PTSD is permanent which the AFCS dont want to hear the big P , and the spinal injury are connected. My question is an the tribunal l put these two case together as they are connected all my medical docs shows the connections. What do i have to do if any have been through this 1st Tier Tribunal.

Many Thanks

Last edited:

Dblock001

Swinger
Hello all
I received an email last month reference my two injury claim cases that are I won against the MOD. I had to write to the First-Tier Tribunal war and pension armed Forces Compensation Chamber to represent my cases. One claim i received GIP at 30% even though i was diagnosed 2012 and had been going through treatment up now. The AFCS awarded that as my PTSD mental condition is not permanent even though I'm still struggling thats 10 years now and on medication and just finished my treatment in May 2021.
I have got cervical spinal injury suffering from chronic pains affecting my physiological mental state that was due to the service, went to the tribunal in 2017 I was awarded level 14 for pain and suffering not the physiological damage connection which im struggling with.

I have sent some documents to the tribunal case worker, I'm still waiting to hear from them. The thing is my PTSD is permanent which the AFCS dont want to hear the big P , and the spinal injury are connected. My question is an the tribunal l put these two case together as they are connected all my medical docs shows the connections. What do i have to do if any have been through this 1st Tier Tribunal.

Many Thanks

zzrflyer

Swinger
All injuries etc will be treated as separate..i.e. ...the secretary of state for defence admits liability for...." it will be stated like that for each injury and then you have to defend yourself against the 3 hours plus interrogation...it isnt nice..but great feeling if u win...

Dblock001

Swinger
All injuries etc will be treated as separate..i.e. ...the secretary of state for defence admits liability for...." it will be stated like that for each injury and then you have to defend yourself against the 3 hours plus interrogation...it isnt nice..but great feeling if u win...
I have been to the tribunal for my back injury and won the case. The i got payment for pain and suffering. The thing is they didn't look at my physiological side of whats happening as i was diagnosed with ptsd contributed by back injury. Thats why im having a review. Now they need the look at my two claims together all goes well again.

zzrflyer

Swinger
I have been to the tribunal for my back injury and won the case. The i got payment for pain and suffering. The thing is they didn't look at my physiological side of whats happening as i was diagnosed with ptsd contributed by back injury. Thats why im having a review. Now they need the look at my two claims together all goes well again.
I dont blame you, the aftercare is appalling. I have thought about a review especially as seeing a counsellor after all these years and ptsd issues. Hope all goes well.

Dblock001

Swinger
I dont blame you, the aftercare is appalling. I have thought about a review especially as seeing a counsellor after all these years and ptsd issues. Hope all goes well.
Thanks buddy, to be honest the system we are dealing with is designed to refuse the claims. We wer out there to do our job and ended up carrying injuries. When we turn back to the system for help because injuries affecting our lives they turn most off us down. Even though they have all the evidence medical records.
All i can say dont give up this is your own war with the system. It took me ten years since i left to be offered GIP 30% which is ok but still not permanent condition. They only need to accept its permanent but heyy its backwards and forward. Now they want more medical records and treatment i had since they last review. I will gather all my paperwork together and fire them out. Will update with the results.

zzrflyer

Swinger
Update on me,, handing in notice this coming week, cant do 5 days a week anymore. Dropped to 3 days which hopefully will work for me. Current employer is not willing to make reasonable adjustments to my hours so bye bye...have to look out for no1..

Latest Threads