1st Semi-Annual ARRSE Shoot 28-29 September 2013

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by jumpinjarhead, Jun 4, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. At least one of our happy few on ARRSE has already planned to join in the fun at my range facilities on the weekend of 28-29 September. Accordingly, I extend a similar invitation to any other ARRSERs who can attend. There may even be some trick shooting of cigarettes out of the mouths of those foolish enough to try such a thing---with THE rifle that is. It is risk free if my match grade M1 Garand is used. :)

PM me if you can attend.

By the way, for those who have been here, the range will have been much improved by then with covered concrete floored pistol shooting firing points, bermed and grassed long gun firing points at the 100, 200 and 300 meter lines. There will also be a (oooh, "shiny") new reactive steel torso target with "Death T" head and chest cutouts with swinging paddles and a swinging hostage taker head plate over the shoulder. This should test everyone's mettle! And of course there will be the traditional exploding targets to wind up the shoot.:)

• Like Like x 2
  2. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

At the risk of being rude on one of JJH's theads, you're a ******* chippy little **** and clearly in the wrong website.

• Like Like x 8

3. Why...are you a squirrel?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Afraid your poor skills would embarrass you?

5. He'd be in more danger if he had a watermelon as a head.

6. _Chimurenga_

_Chimurenga_ LE Gallery Guru

JJH, as the 28th & 29th are on a weekend, when would be the ideal fly-in and fly-out dates ?

7. What, no 5.56 mm tracer rounds from the Vietnam War fired off as is de rigeur from an M16/M4 platform? :? (After dark, of course... ;-) ) Bring your own night vision goggles...

8. We will certainly add that to the mix.

9. Do not plan to arrive Friday afternoon as Atlanta traffic is a killer. Monday morning after rush hour (after 9 am departure from farm) is ok traffic wise.

10. Where is afore mentioned range? I'm guessing darn sarf?

11. Warm...

12. I'll speak with Mrs Effendi and see if I am allowed out into the playground.

IF I am, AND IF there is some interest I might be convinced to drive down if a couple of people want to fly in and out of Philly/DC/NYC and drive down too ............. hills, mahntins, trees, hill billies. Its ok I have camouflage, I drive a pickup and can tune into a country music radio station.

It'd be partway along here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skyline_Drive

13. I could be prevailed upon to repeat my performance with the 1903 Springfield of this spring's shoot - blindfolded of course.... :p :p

[​IMG]

14. Skyline Drive and Blue Ridge Parkway are worth the drive in themselves.
    I will alert all the "neighbors" on my gravel road that some furriners are'a comin and to hold their fire.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Northeast Georgia about halfway between Atlanta and Greenville, South Carolina.